HK tube gear valuation

nolasally

AK Subscriber
Subscriber
I know how to check ebay sold listings with the best of them. Drawing blanks with these. I bought these as my first tube gear purchase off original owner many yrs ago. Both pieces are museum quality unrestored units. Its a Mono setup. Model #'s :

Theme II T-1040
Trend II A-1040

Anyone know what value both pieces might have. Im on the fence whether to let go back into the wild! Thanks in advance..

Attachments

• IMG_4025.jpg
    IMG_4025.jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 102
  • IMG_4026.jpg
    IMG_4026.jpg
    39.6 KB · Views: 93
  • IMG_4027.jpg
    IMG_4027.jpg
    33.5 KB · Views: 92
  • IMG_4028.jpg
    IMG_4028.jpg
    41.7 KB · Views: 93
  • IMG_4029.jpg
    IMG_4029.jpg
    65.6 KB · Views: 92
  • IMG_4030.jpg
    IMG_4030.jpg
    57.7 KB · Views: 95
  • IMG_4032.jpg
    IMG_4032.jpg
    58.9 KB · Views: 92
  • IMG_4033.jpg
    IMG_4033.jpg
    36 KB · Views: 91
Last edited:
Just a guess but maybe 50-75 on the tuner and 100-200 on the amp is my thoughts, the tubes inside may well be worth more then the components, mono stuff as a rule is not worth much has been my experience. If they both work well perhaps mate them with an orphan speaker and try to sell as a package for $300.00

Regards Snow

1500 Euros each.

The last offer for one of my 230's was 2800 Euros, a couple of years ago.

You Americans are priceless funny, when it comes to the value of tube HK gear...

Fill a container with such stuff in good condition an sell it in Europe... you will make a fortune....

1500 Euros each.

The last offer for one of my 230's was 2800 Euros, a couple of years ago.

You Americans are priceless funny, when it comes to the value of tube HK gear...

Fill a container with such stuff in good condition an sell it in Europe... you will make a fortune....
Perhaps he should send them to you to sell. The last T230 tuner on Ebay US sold for $99.00 USD about 85 Euros the 230 amp would bring more perhaps 300 Euros here or $350.00 USD

One of the reasons for the high value of vintage American tube gear is that it is very very rare in Europe. There are hardly more than five TA230 (I got two of them) over here, according to the German vintage gear Guru Armin Kahn (Berlin). harman kardon did not sell this gear in Europe.

There is a permanent hype about tube gear Made in U.S.A. in the Fatherland and other European countries. We simply adore it, don't know why...

Once I wanted to buy a Bogen mono amp, but it was unbezahlbar.

One of the reasons for the high value of vintage American tube gear is that it is very very rare in Europe. There are hardly more than five TA230 (I got two of them) over here, according to the German vintage gear Guru Armin Kahn (Berlin). harman kardon did not sell this gear in Europe.

There is a permanent hype about tube gear Made in U.S.A. in the Fatherland and other European countries. We simply adore it, don't know why...

Once I wanted to buy a Bogen mono amp, but it was unbezahlbar.
Makes sense to me supply and demand.

Regards Snow

I always think... get a second one for a stereo set-up.
Don’t know if this would bring more money or not.

Usually if I find a good deal on one piece... it’s very hard to find a second good deal....so not profitable. Then I end up hoarding.

But, very interesting in value of HK gear in Europe!

I’ve got a mint HK C-300....also a mono integrated amp. It is beautiful!

I wouldn’t sell what you have for less than $350...

I have one of those amps. Heavy as anything and good sounding. I wish it were stereo. With the price of copper what it is these days...

I know how to check ebay sold listings with the best of them. Drawing blanks with these. I bought these as my first tube gear purchase off original owner many yrs ago. Both pieces are museum quality unrestored units. Its a Mono setup. Model #'s :

Theme II T-1040
Trend II A-1040

Anyone know what value both pieces might have. Im on the fence whether to let go back into the wild! Thanks in advance..

are you currently running these in a mono system? I bought a pair similar to this in a Bartertown listing a few weeks ago and in the original post (which has since been deleted) you indicated you thought these are holy grail-ish gear. I love them but after I read this I was curious if you are still using them yourself?

Those are nice-looking HK units! If the tuner has an MPX out jack, you can use a stereo adapter. Alas, not much can be done with that mono preamp.

FWIW. When presented with a situation like that, I pick a number I would be happy with.
I allow for shipping cost to buyer and list them on eBay. I do global shipping and have enjoyed foreign sales.

There is a vast interest in stuff outside the typical AK mindset. I am amazed by what sells.

Excellent contain and tube based are two very strong sales points. Shipping off shore opens up a lot of market. Using Ebay GSP gets you countries with safety. If Ebay doesn’t support it, there are problems. The Ebay GSP makes it simple too. Although USPS online international shipping is fairly easy, you are on the hook all the way to delivery. Collecting international insurance is not supported online and USPS is lousy about claims. USPS is the only reasonable international shipping option. UPS should never be used for anything and FedEx is mind numbing expensive. Ebay GSP puts Pitney Bowes on the hook after the package gets to KY. It’s not 100% fool proof but I’ve had very little problems with GSP.

My gut feeling is that someone in Asia may step up to the cost. Cosmetics are huge in Asia.

Do not be afraid to price high, but not crazy.
High price indicates confidence in product.

I find that international sales do better. US buyers tend to be cheap and whiny. Local sales like CL are nearly useless. The chances that the right buyer is nearby is low.

Back
Top Bottom