Home inventory, gear I'd forgotten, friends who got great deals

goodolpg

Just an old fart trying to help.
Subscriber
Yesterday I was looking through my fire safe box doing some research for a family tree type project and came upon pictures from previous home inventories taken for insurance purposes. These pictures go back at least 37 years.
Boy, there was a lot of gear I'd totally forgotten about.
A Realistic 2380 receiver (100 wpc), a Kenwood KR-V7020 receiver (100 wpc), a Marantz CD-150 cd player, a Pioneer CT-5 cassette deck, my first turntable, might have been a Garrard (YES! It was a Garrard, just found a picture of a stack of boxes)that was in a package deal from Lafayette bought with an LR-9090 (good) and 2002+ speakers (not so good), a couple Realistic EQ's, a Realistic color organ (wish I still had that, fell victim to a flooded basement), and some other stuff.
Nothing great, which may be why I'd forgotten about it, though I wish I still had the Lafayette LR-9090 and the Realistic color organ.
Seeing those pictures reminded me that back in the day LOTS of people I hung out with were into stereo/hifi.
Every time I got a new piece of gear one of my buddies would get a GREAT deal on the piece it was replacing.
Now days I have two friends who still have "decent" stereos, one is two states away, the other 6 states away.
I guess that also accounts for why I have an abundance of extra/spare stereo gear here.

Last edited:
I wonder what happened to my old gear. I honestly don't remember what I did with the stuff I replaced. Nothing special, but I wish I still had it!

I have had quite a few components over the years that I have no idea where they got off to.
I gifted a set of B&O speakers to a friend 20 years ago and he still has them but I had a set of AR2s, KLHs, a few amps, receivers, records, CDs and many other things that are just gone.

I guess moving all around the country doesn't help but I think it's mostly all the years between. Seems to wear down the memory.

Back
Top Bottom