Home Sweet Home - Hopefully

Discussion in 'General Off Topic Forums' started by usedto, Oct 21, 2018.

1. Shadowdog

Shadowdog Super Member

Great looking house!
    I don't know about your new flooring, but beware Laminate Flooring contains plenty of
    formaldehyde. Also found in particle, chip board and plywood. You can buy formaldehyde free
    plywood.

Found this out reading Fine Homebuilding. Dr's are pretty upset over the industry about that because of the Cancer risks in their last info on it .

Last edited: Jan 31, 2019

Please register to disable this ad.

2. usedto

usedto Lunatic Member

Well, I thought I had a photo of the front of the house, but I guess the camera didn't agree.

The stone veneer is done. the full face of the garage is stone, about 3' at the base of the front, and the full face of the one bedroom that sticks out. We also had the same stone for the face of the fireplace, and I paid to have it go clear to the ceiling. The trim isn't on the fireplace yet, and that's all of the baseboard sitting on the floor. We went there today to get a quote on plantation shutters for the windows and glass doors. 22 windows, 3 glass doors - about 430 square feet, $9952 installed. The sliding glass door you see through the window is the master bedroom. Will be getting another quote on window coverings later on, but we like what we saw and heard today.

Sorry for the lousy photo.

fireplace.jpg

3. usedto

usedto Lunatic Member

Had to go back and measure for some outside electrical - got some more photos.

The garage. Stone on the third stall, stucco color coat later on the double.
    garage.jpg

The siding - they had just painted it while we were there The columns will also have some extra treatment to them.

siding2.jpg

The front with the stone gable. All of his other homes have a straight walkway to the entry. He gave ours a little curve to set it off.
    You can also see the house next door is being framed. He already has people interested. front.jpg

The cabinet/granite company started. They made a mistake on the main counter top behind me, but it will be the same material as this. Backsplash to come later.

kitchen cab and counter.jpg

Our shower wall:

shower wall.jpg

Guest bath tub

guest bath.jpg

So it's getting there. A little behind schedule because of the weather, but moving along. Once he can get the exterior color coat of stucco, it should move fast. They were starting to paint the trim while we were there, but we had other things to do so we left. Probably more photos next week.

Ds2000 and tubed like this.
  4. usedto

usedto Lunatic Member

The floor plan:

floor plan cut.jpg

5. usedto

usedto Lunatic Member

Better floor plan:
    floor plan x.jpg

The dining room is going to be my den. The armoire that currently holds my Sansui is going in the great room, so I'll come up with a different rack for the den. The dining table will go in that corner above the kitchen. That's the plan for now. I'll probably still put a small system in the armoire.
    \
    Bedroom 1 is going to house my late mother's antique bedroom set. 2 will be wifey's sewing room, and 3 will be another guest bedroom.

6. usedto

usedto Lunatic Member

Had to meet with out tax man today, so we stopped in by the house on the way home. Most of the crews had left. Still too rainy for the stucco color coat. Tile backsplash was in the kitchen minus the grout, which will probably go in tomorrow.

bascsplash.jpg

The flooring was delivered, and one of the boxes was open, so I slid a piece out and put it against the wall. Lousy photo.

flooring.jpg

Slowly but surely.

Please register to disable this ad.

7. usedto

usedto Lunatic Member

Color coat:

color coat1.jpg color coat 2.jpg

Ds2000 and timmo like this.
  8. usedto

usedto Lunatic Member

Part of the flooring:

20190306_133215.jpg