Honda Accord Extented Warrenty Plans , Any Deals to be Had ?

If something expensive is going to happen with a Honda it will probably be some $$$ sensor or a fail on a smog check.
I've found sensors are cheap. Well, relatively...any code-throwing sensor has never cost me over $100...more like under $60. Thankfully, some codes are common on older models, so it's not even a matter of troubleshooting--just get in and replace it, and the code is gone. Also learned through reading forums to use only Denso sensors--they are well built, they last, and they are usually what Honda uses for sensors. Anyone who has used Bosch has regretted it--they fail early or are incompatible right out of the box. (Don't get me started on Bosch, the f**kers.)

My daughter's is throwing the P1457 (?) code for the evap system. It could be either of two sensors under the car. I am probably going to replace both even if only one is bad, since the area is subject to rust and corrosion (and her car is 16 years old). Our TL had the same error (they share some similar components), as do many Accords/TLs of that era. Never had time to fix it before the flood ate it. :(

Back
Top Bottom