Horror/Thriller film ID on the tip of my tongue...

soundmotor

super modified
...except it's not. I recall this scene too vividly to have imagined it.

Possibly English, 1950s/early 1960s, a B/W film, Victorian era, with a woman alone in a large old shadowy mansion climbing the stairs to her room. She gets ready for bed and opens the closet, pulls the hangers apart, and there is a knothole at the back with an eye looking at her. She screams then flees in terror. I was very young when I saw it and likely fled too. I had a low tolerance for horror films yet always found myself parked in front of the set when they were on; briefly. Over the years I've tracked down every film from childhood except this one.

Does this scene ring a bell with anyone?

...except it's not. I recall this scene too vividly to have imagined it.

Possibly English, 1950s/early 1960s, a B/W film, Victorian era, with a woman alone in a large old shadowy mansion climbing the stairs to her room. She gets ready for bed and opens the closet, pulls the hangers apart, and there is a knothole at the back with an eye looking at her. She screams then flees in terror. I was very young when I saw it and likely fled too. I had a low tolerance for horror films yet always found myself parked in front of the set when they were on; briefly. Over the years I've tracked down every film from childhood except this one.

Does this scene ring a bell with anyone?

Hmmmmmm? :idea: Wonder if it was the same one wherein for years I had bad dreams as a kid about the top of a four poster coming down on the intended victims...smothering them.

Hmmmmm? :idea:

Q

BARBARA%2BSTEELE%2B3.jpg

Yes, I've been busy all morning unpacking from vacation but I will get to work now!

Back
Top Bottom