Hot sauces & anything spicy.

IMG_1022.JPG IMG_1025.JPG

How bout some spicy bacon.
20 oz pack of thick cut bacon.
Sprinkled on some cajun spice, and brushed on some Cajun power garlic sauce.
Then put pinches of brown sugar all over it, then sprinkled on my homemade hot sauce.
Cooked 20 min in a convection oven at 300° on roast, then switched for 20 min on bake. Came out glazed and limp, like I like it. Do not chase this with beer! I'm warning you, don't do it.

https://www.cajunpowersauce.com/store/cajun-garlicsauceoriginalrecipe.html

Here is a link to the garlic sauce. Been using it I'm guessing around 30 years. Have to buy it from the source now. Winn Dixie closed many years ago.
Man, Mix this stuff 50/50 with melted butter, brush on some french bread slices and toast in a frying pan and that alone is a meal. Don't chase that with beer either.

Last edited:
image.jpeg
View attachment 1325905 View attachment 1325906

Then put pinches of brown sugar all over it, then sprinkled on my homemade hot sauce.
Cooked 20 min in a convection oven at 300° on roast, then switched for 20 min on bake. Came out glazed and limp, like I like it. Do not chase this with beer! I'm warning you, don't do it.

Here is a link to the garlic sauce. Been using it I'm guessing around 30 years. Have to buy it from the source now. Winn Dixie closed many years ago.
Man, Mix this stuff 50/50 with melted butter, brush on some french bread slices and toast in a frying pan and that alone is a meal. Don't chase that with beer either.

That looks good, am lazy I just get

Not too danged hot -
but I cook an omlette with 2 sauces and toss it on a buttered tortilla with cheese on sunday mornings ...
with California Pepper sauce we discovered on a trip to Monterrey last December

Egg_7768.jpg

Egg_7775.jpg

View attachment 1325905 View attachment 1325906

That looks SOOOOOOO good. Bacon!

View attachment 1413253 View attachment 1413254

Well this is it. Done from last years start. I got 14 bottles from this 2 liter keg. I can now take a break till next April, when I plant again. This is a pretty hot batch. That sunshine sure looks pretty bouncing off of those bottles.

Hmmmm, something I should get into. Definitely putting in a raised garden this year.

IMG_1097.JPG IMG_1098.JPG IMG_1102.JPG
Home made Jerk sauce

Plenty of time for this. Well the Doc took me out of work for the rest of the week for this grunge that's going round. On the way home from him yesterday, I stopped and got the onions. I'm down to my last pint so I figured now would be a good time for a batch. Most people know I love Jerk anything justabought. So today was a good day. First pic is what's in it. The 3J can has all the dry ingredients. I keep this can on the ready. Then you see the wet ingredients.
The worst part is deseeding the habs. I did 18 of them. Wear gloves and do it under cold water only. Don't worry about 100%, 90% deseeded is fine. Process it and it will turn into a wet paste like above. The stick just shows thickness.
Then I filled 4 pint jars at around 70% full and fill the rest with Balsamic vinegar. Then shake well. This should last me till Summer. I do have to give my brother in law a pint. He makes killer shrimp with it. This is herby mixed with a little heat. The one sauce I make that I do not sell to locals. This is just to hard to put together. Plus the longer it sits the better it gets. It stays in the fridge.

Last edited:
very compatible to something from Ecuador and Peru, bolivia.
seed "ecuador purple" .
When it`s to cold outside in winter time put them in the home, in the second year they do it finally. I got here from one plant around 70 eggs in the first and more then 300 in the second year.

Martin

I like hot, but not insanely hot. That being said, The Lovely Blanche thinks I'm nuts for chopping up an árbol chili from the garden and putting it in my salad.

Arizona Gunslinger make my favorite hot sauce, made right here in Mesa, Arizona. Their Chipotle Habanero is excellent need to try other flavors. Available on Amazon.

5392_1286_large.jpg

Back
Top Bottom