How about we all share what we are using to power our Klipsch Loudspeakers

I just sold my Carver TFM-42 and
Carver AV-806X

Main system: Panasonic TC-P60ST60 plasma; Denon AVR-X6200W; Outlaw 5000; Klipsch RSW-10 sub; modified Klipsch Chorus II Fronts; modified Klipsch Forte II center; stock Klipsch Chorus II surrounds; JBL L20T3 front heights; Loft40 rear heights; Mogami 10ga speaker cables, Mogami interconnects; custom gaming pc

Secondary system: LG 47" lcd; Onkyo TX-NR818; JBL 240Ti Fronts; JBL L40T3 Center; JBL L100T3 Surrounds; Mogami cables; custom htpc/server.
My main system:
LG OLED55C7P ( just got it 2 months ago ) Amazing colors and yes , brilliant blacks.
LG UP970 Ultra HD 4K Blue Ray Player
Denon AVR 3300 A/V Receiver
Denon DCM 360 CD Changer
Denon DR-M10 HR Cassette Deck
Technics SL-D303 Turntable with Audio Technica VM740ML Cartridge
Klipsch KG4'S " Front Mains "
Klipsch SC-1 " Center Channel "
Klipsch KSW-12 Subwoofer
Bowers & Wilkins " M " Series Rears
I'm pretty pleased with this set up and " Yes " I'm sure I piss off the neighbors , LOL

Mid 50s Klipschorns driven by Fisher 50 tube monoblocks, or a Magnavox 6v6 console amp, or an Alesis RA500 solid state power amp..............all fed by a B&K Pro10mc preamp.

Very nice set up!! Is that a Denon DR-M10HR Cassette Deck , if so , I have the same one , bought it brand new in 1988 , still have the original box ( as I do for all my gear)

Mine is a DR-M24HX. It is a nice three head unit with a feature where it immediately tensions the tape as soon as you put it in the machine. I have another 2 head Denon with the cassette drawer. I even found a remote in my collection that works with it, and it sounds quite good on the secondary systems I try it on. I also have an Aiwa AD-6550 on my bench, an Aiwa M700B in black at the shop, and a TEAC Z7000 about to go into rehab.

Thanks for the reassurance of what my Denon 3300 will indeed allow me to do. I'll bet you do love your Cornwalls. After doing some research , the Cornwalls are what I'm going to replace my KG4'S with. I was considering the Forte , hoever , a representative from Klipsch Inc said the KG4 is basically a smaller version of the Forte , therefore , I wouldnt be gaining much at all. I want the next step up from the KG4 , I've had mine since brand new and are beyond mint condition. I've seen rather beat up ones on Craigslist going for $400 , so , I think mine are worth $750!! I replaced the diaphrams in the tweeters ( of course ) and they sound Fantastic. I just want to own a pair of Cornwalls , larger sound stage , perhaps?

That would be great if you could get $750 for your KG4s. You should be able to find cornwalls for around that if you are patient and fast to strike when the time comes. They will go fast. From my research, there is mixed opinion of which versions sound better. I've only ever heard mine, so I can't comment.

For those still wondering, the preamp outputs are in the box just above and to the right of the green tag.

Nice to see someone else enjoying the legend series here in Des Moines. And correct me if I'm wrong, but are those the klf 30 as opposed to the 20?

Those are the KLF-20's. I completely re-braced and re-glued those cabinets. The Crites XO and Ti in the tweeter. There's a thread here on the rebuild. I have to admit, they are kinda large for my house. Looks like you have a set as well - have you checked for loose baffles?

Those are the KLF-20's. I completely re-braced and re-glued those cabinets. The Crites XO and Ti in the tweeter. There's a thread here on the rebuild. I have to admit, they are kinda large for my house. Looks like you have a set as well - have you checked for loose baffles?
Yes. Everyone complains about the baffles but mine seem to be holding up. Guess I'm just lucky. Thought about getting crites but haven't pulled the trigger yet.

When I owned Herseys they were pushed by my MC2505 which drives electrostatic headphones now. When in college my room mate and I were using a MC2105 with Cornwalls. They made for a dynamite combination for college parties. My Symphonys were home being powered by 275's. We sold the system when we left school. He became the Pioneer Rep. partner. I went to work for an engineering firm while moon lighting at a radio Station and Hifi shop. A year later I said goodbye to the office and the drawing table. I spent the next 34 years installing, designing, and maintaining sound and communication systems. We sold Klipsch when I started and sold Klipsch when I retired. I saw a lot of changes over those 34 years. Some for the better, in fact most were, there were a few I didn't like. But they were corrected. There will always be a special place in my mind for those earlier Cornwalls and truly Hersey Hersey. They didn't have the predominant top octave of today, they didn't handle the power, and the bass wasn't as true as it is today. But that said they had a special sound from Paul's master touch. The sound a lot of listeners search for when they buy todays or yesterdays highly valued tube equipment. A sound that has been there all along in the speakers be they powered by tubes or transistors.

Last edited:
Mine is a DR-M24HX. It is a nice three head unit with a feature where it immediately tensions the tape as soon as you put it in the machine. I have another 2 head Denon with the cassette drawer. I even found a remote in my collection that works with it, and it sounds quite good on the secondary systems I try it on. I also have an Aiwa AD-6550 on my bench, an Aiwa M700B in black at the shop, and a TEAC Z7000 about to go into rehab.
Yeah , my DR-M10HR is a 3 head HX pro silent mechanism cassette deck and sounds quite good for a tape deck.

Currently...

Upstairs:
Eico HF-81 NOSValve updated Integrated with a Heart tube CD player and Bob Crites updated crossover and titanium tweeter diaphragm'd Chorus lls
NOSValve updated Sherwood S-3000 lll Tuner atop an S1000 monaural amp and Bob Crites updated crossover and titanium tweeter diaphragm'd kg2...

Main Floor: Panasonic SAXR57 Digital HT, Oppo BDP83 Blu-Ray, Panasonic Plasma flat panel and Bob Crites updated crossover and titanium tweeter diaphragm'd Quartets and KLF-C7...

Basement HT: Outlaw Audio 1070 HT, Opportunity BDP83 Blu-Ray, 3 Bob Crites updated crossover and CT-125 Tweeter'd Heresys with KSP-S6 surrounds and Outlaw Audio LFM-1 Plus sub...

Garage: Panasonic SAXR70 HT set to 2 channel and Klipsch KSB 1.1s...

sometimes rotated in from time to time somewhere, Nakamichi SR-2A or TA-2A...but I'm trying to downsize... ;)

Bill

Back
Top Bottom