How do I start streaming music?

Yeah, makes sense. I thought Android meant it was brand name but I guess that's just the operating system.
Edit: Is the Galaxy an Android?
Yeah, pretty much every tablet other than those from Apple run Android. Amazon locks theirs down, but apparently you can get around that with some work, dunno. They are inexpensive around Xmas, too.

I use an older Samsung Tab, was probably their high end at the time, 3-4 years back. Got an Apple iPad from work at about the same time. The iPad never did perform as well, and since has gotten MUCH slower, and crashes Chrome all the time (Apple's own Safari browser is a joke). I've never had an issue with Samsung tablets and phones, prefer them to Apple, no contest. For my current work phone, though, didn't have a choice.

Last edited:
I'm working with an older ipad, so far just playing with Spotify and Google Play. Once I get confident & used to the apps, I may have to spring for the better quality pay options. I haven't bought any music via iTunes in a long time, I can do without that for this setup.

Personally, I wouldn't go near an off-brand tablet. Samsung, Google, maybe Amazon, though they're locked down. Some prepaid Android phones work, too, if you can bypass the phone setup.

This one from Wally World is well priced. Minimal specs for a general purpose tablet, but fine for dedicated streaming.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/SAMSUNG-...14N3PCfHn6AZ_OjJTq-vpiXv1mT6AFHxoCdNkQAvD_BwE

Yeah, I tend to agree with the off brand thing.
I did get a 'free' Alactel(owned by Nokia, I think?) tab from my provider awhile back, and it seems decent. At least for small tasks like music listening. I'm no power user, though.
And if I was paying full price on a tab, I'd certainly look around.

https://www.pcmag.com/review/354614/alcatel-a30-tablet

One thing that popped up for me in reading your and chick's posts is the topic of size. The two you guys linked to are different in that regard.
Before choosing a tab, go and hold a few of them somewhere. Besides the Alcatel we also have an older Acer tab. It's nice, but it's a bit bigger. Great for watching movies or reading e-books on the go, but to sit and navigate it for music I much prefer the smaller Alcatel.
I'm more of a hit play and listen to an album(as FLAC files) kind of guy, but if I was sitting there using a tab to control music I'd rather have something that's easy to hold.

YMMV

Last time I was in Portugal, I saw a topless babe, caught an octopus, and bought a baseball-sized wad of hash from a German bartender.
Saw my share of topless (and bottomless) at the beach south of Libson. Unfortunately, few babes. In fact, most of the nudies looked like your average AK member. :eek:

Don’t forget to check out some internet radio stations (I go through Tunein). I found some great jazz stations in Paris and Denver this morning...

I got antsy and hooked it up and am trying to download the app to start casting. I'm 0 for 2 using a chromebook and my PC. Wasted a couple hours already.

When I use the chromebook and go to the setup, it says this extension has been discontinued. When I do the same on the PC, it gets me to where the computer searches for a device, then finds it, then a step or two later it tells me there is no wi-fi connection and can't find a device. Yet the laptop still works. So instead of going postal I will wait until the brain gets back in town. Maybe he can use his smart phone to at least see if it works.
I got to the point once that sent a signal to the speakers and it worked but a minute later I was back at square one. No connection.

instructions

That is where I went. First step is searching for cast devices and that's where the trouble begins. First time it sailed through no problem, only to tell me there was no wi-fi a step or two later. After about 10 more tries, I unplugged the modem and plugged it back in, and it recognized it again. Then there was the no wi-fi selected. I think if it's hooked up to the wall then that's the default. Oh well I better save what little I have left in my head for work this week.

Might need to shut off firewalls and virus scanners while doing the setup. Lordy how I don't miss owning a Windows PC, lol.

On the chromebook, the set-up page redirects me to a different page that says "this extension has been discontinued". On the PC it does what i explained above.

On the chromebook, the set-up page redirects me to a different page that says "this extension has been discontinued". On the PC it does what i explained above.
If you click on the link I posted above, you should be able to exchange realtime texts with Chromecast tech support.

In my experience there’s an “Aha” moment where it all comes together. I believe you need to combine self help searches with requests for assistance. Narrow down the road blocks you are experiencing and we can help.

so,
Once you connected the chromecast puck, usb power then toslink to the c47. You then downloaded the google home app, used that to set up the puck? When you went to add a device, it ask you to change your wifi connection to connect the new chromecast. The new chromecast should be broadcasting a wifi signal for you to connect to. Once thats done and you follow the directions, there should be a new chromcast, that you named, available to cast to.

if you still have issues, private msg me and maybe i can talk you through it over the phone.

My patience is wearing out so I will put it off until I get assistance. I appreciate all the help.
If all else fails, get yourself a wrist rocket, load the little F-ing puck, and shoot it as far as it will go. Or close range, into a brick wall.

l2002-b.jpg

Back
Top Bottom