How do I start streaming music?

Grillebilly, I have the same pre amp that you do. I’ve been streaming music for a year or so with Tidal. First through the dac on my Vincent integrated and then through a Topping D50 dac and now through the dac in my preamp. I’m using an iPad, a usb cable, and a camera adapter from Apple. I have Tidal hifi which sounds pretty good, although to get the best sound, which are the songs that are on Tidal’s masters list you need a computer. I’m also kind of illiterate when it comes to computers. For the folks in the know, is it possible to get as good sound wirelessly as with a cable hooked up.

Last edited:
I'm casting like a pro now. Turns out I couldn't use my computer due to not being able to log out of my kid's google account. We had to delete her account. Couldn't use the chromebook because I didn't log in it, was browsing as a guest. All rookie mistakes but it took the tech guy to fix it and make me look stupid. Well, that ain't so tough to do. Just getting my feet wet, haven't purchased a service yet. I'm listening to Googleplay music and put in one of my favorite psyche bands from the 80's and already heard a few bands that are new to me. Mission accomplished! Looking forward to some new discoveries.

Just start trying the free versions of Spotify, Tidal and such. If you have an Amazon Prime account you can also use that.

Lots of music for discovering with out buying up front. I find stuff I like and buy the vinyl if I need to “have” it.

:beerchug:

I'm casting like a pro now.

Very cool! Now just wait until you discover controlling it all via voice. :rant:

Perhaps a Google Mini (Or is it Minnie?) in your future... :D

DSCF1115.0.jpg

controlling it all via voice

ha ha that's a stretch. There is a thread about batteries and I replied I took the batteries out of all the audio remotes. Too complex for this rube.
So far I have been at the computer researching the bands that are new to me, or at least unfamiliar. It's a huge leap, and exciting, hearing music for the first time. Pretty much most of my physical media is from artists that are largely ignored, so hearing stuff I ignored is refreshing. A tad humbling at the same time, I'm thinking where have I been? and why did I poo-poo streaming when it is so educational? It reminds me of the free-format stations of my youth, when you would be blown away at their set lists. I hope what I'm hearing isn't like Pandora, where they play the same tracks from artists over and over. It bored me fairly quick.

I've tried Google Play, Spotify and Youtube so far. What a blast. I've heard a few new bands that I really like, plus a dozen or so that are worth checking out again. So much to discover, at least it seems that way now. Just like the old days of progressive radio.

Back
Top Bottom