How do l connect this Naim gear

thomo57

IMG_8020.JPG IMG_8021.JPG IMG_8019.JPG IMG_8018.JPG picked these items up a few weeks ago but have no idea what connects to what.
Which lead goes to which plug
The items are 120 power amp
12s preamp
And I'm not even sure if the other item is associated because it has no identifying marks and only a single switch.
Any help to connect this gear will be appreciated

Connections for the NAC12S are marked on the case, altough I can't make them out in your photos.

Other, clearer pictures of the NAC12S on the internet show only three DIN sockets, and what looks like a combined power in/pre-out socket (with power amp providing supply). Yours appears to have a fourth socket, which may be a dedicated power in. But I can't see from your photos. If so, your third box may be a PSU for the pre-amp.

http://www.canuckaudiomart.com/details/649410738-naim-nac-12s-ser-1396/images/1773156/

I can't see any phono inputs on yours, and the connection ident label is in a different position, so maybe yours has a DIN inpit for the turntable. Yours looks more like this:

https://forums.naimaudio.com/topic/bolt-down-nac-12-nap-160-coming-my-way

which looks to have been modded to split the pre-amp out to phonos, and the original pre-out/power in socket replaced.

Loving the old skool 'gram' input...

Other internet pictures of the NAP120 also show a different rear panel, with speaker sockets on the RHS, rather than centrally like yours.

I note a twin signal cable on the DIN socket of the power amp; this might suggest it is signal in only.

Some judicious use of a multimeter to check the connectivity and voltages on various pins may help. Or a post on the Naim forum, which seems fairly active.

Last edited:
The odd one's clearly a power supply - transformer and filter caps.

Aren't there manuals on these beasts available on the web somewhere?

Welcome to the wonderful world of naim - you need special proprietary cables to connect units together.

If you are lucky - you may be able to find wiring diagrams somewhere and they may or may not use conventional DIN plugs at each end.

Thomo, It was me whom you sold it to and it was delivered this morning, it was well packed, thankyou. I worked out how to set it up and I must say.... I like it alot!! sounds lovely.

already set it up
1312681-adda345e0d6decca751559b8211f8247.jpg

Attachments

• 004.JPG
    004.JPG
    67.1 KB · Views: 11
Back
Top Bottom