How far have you traveled to an Event/Happening?

jcamero

Who are you people anyway?
I'm seeing numerous postings for event/happenings. So how far, (miles or time), have you traveled to attend one? Me? About 1-1/2hrs. each way.

If you`re including travel to concerts in that category, we did a few trips up to the Vermont Jazz Festival, about 4 1/2 hours (275 miles) each way. These were always a 3-day camping-out affair....

Thus far, 303 miles each way from Chicago to Cincinnati so as to see Chaka Khan perform live at the Coors Light Festival in July 1999. Both my wife and I forgot the tickets back at our (then) apartment and had to double back to retrieve them. We arrived in Cincinnati about six hours later only to witness the Temptations onstage while being informed that Chaka came on first, performed a set of hits, and departed. There were simply no words... We left after 1 1/2 songs by the Tempts and eventually found a cheap room across the Ohio River in Covington, KY. The next morning we awoke refreshed with a good attitude, enjoyed exploring the hilly terrain of "the Natti" for a few hours and hit the freeway en route to Chicago. Lesson learned: Leave the concert tickets in the car so as to have virtually no chance to forget them.

Music events or any event? I've driven 1K miles each way to go to bike week in Daytona many times.

About 5 hours (with traffic) from Casa Wildcat to Chicago for AXPONA. 2018 will be my third year for it.

If my trip had been planned a week earlier or later this past October, I could have stopped in at RMAF for a day.

WI to Fla to see the 24 hours of Daytona. Met alot of fun folks - a good time. I'd like to go to Sebring one year.

Are we talking events in general, or just AK gatherings?
If AK, then from Peekskill to Clinton MA, for Frankenfests, about 3 hours each way.
For concert events, one weekend my brother and I traveled from upstate NY to Washington DC for two Dead concerts that weekend. At the time, I was driving a 1969 Impala convertible, red, white top, black interior with bucket seats, console with the horseshoe shifter. Top down of course! There was a deadhead caravan all cruising along together. At one point along the way, we were alongside a Harley, the girlfriend was the passenger, she smiled, and lifted her shirt for us to take a gander at her ample chest! Then she told her bo, and he laughed, gave us the thumbs up, and we kept on going! So I'd say we probably covered 800+ miles that weekend.

I should of said AK events, but the current responses are fine. I flew from Chicago to Hong Kong for my best friends wedding.

Back
Top Bottom