How is rear of Dual 12xx sled supported?

CJVx

AK Subscriber
Subscriber
i am asking because since I've had my 1229q, the rear of the sled has always wanted to drop, and there is nothing back there to hook into and support it. I am relying solely on the twist lever lock on the tonearm to hold the sled on. So just about every time I want to use it, I have to reset it so it will stay on, and hang somewhat evenly, which is rather annoying. It dosnt appear that anything is broken, is something missing?

Their is a notch on the head shell that the sled will ride in, where the contacts meet. It is possible not to seat it properly.

Here are the peices, I still can't see how the back would be supported, does anything look missing?

IMG_6923.JPG IMG_6922.JPG

It looks to be all there, best I can tell from your photos. The little pointed 'fork tines' on the sides of the back of the sled (just behind the pins) hold the sled to the arm when you install it. With the arm lift lever moved from its usual position, install the sled into the arm tines-first, tilt the front up to meet the clip in the arm lift, and move the lift lever back to its regular position. It should lock everything into place, and the sled should stay in position.
-Adam

Yup^^^ catch it on the rear first. Sometimes the printed circuit board on the arm may slide down. One of my 1219s does this. Yours looks OK. Make sure it all the way up.

Eric

Thats all well and good, but the possibility exists that the portion of the sled the locking lever is supposed to grab (and push back a little iirc) is damaged/worn.
I experienced this with a 10xx sled and repaired it by installing a tiny jewelers screw in the right spot then grinding the head off and filing the remainder smooth so as to not damage the cam lock.

Back
Top Bottom