How many natural teeth do you still have?

How many natural teeth?

• more than 10

Votes: 13 8.6%
  • more than 20

Votes: 59 38.8%
  • more than 30

Votes: 66 43.4%
  • less than 10

Votes: 14 9.2%

• Total voters
I like Española, partly because I don't feel a need to wear my dentures. :D

IMO, any dentist who does a root canal without checking their patient for diabetes is a slob, professionally.

This is a sore topic for me. A few are gone but not enough to affect my eating habits, which is the real problem. Incredibly, I still have one baby tooth.

...IMO, any dentist who does a root canal without checking their patient for diabetes is a slob, professionally.

I paid cash for my last root canal. The procedure hurt like heck. He took an x-ray to find out why. Dr. Mangleme somehow poked the cleaning ream through the cavity and into my jaw bone.

47, still got em all, crooked as they are, but got receding gums on a few of my upper teeth on top on the left side. Been told I am brushing the gums away on that side, brushing too hard. Dentist mentioned a root canal if the one tooth ever gets to sensitive, heard they aren't fun, not looking forward to that.

Had all my Teeth removed when I was 32! Best thing I ever did!Had problems with my gums since birth.Had 5 Abscess at the time and was fed-up!Never bought False Teeth and had no more problems and saved one hell of a lot of money to boot:)

26 teeth at 61 years old. Missing wisdom teeth and 2 molars. I have 1 implant on tooth #7, and 6 crowns.

@ 66 All teeth intact but 4 impacted wisdom teeth that needed to be removed in 1990 after 1 became extremely painful, and after the dentist showed me the Xrays, and I said. pull them all.

Only 1 filling since 1976 after converting over to electric tooth brush/water pic, and a full 2 minutes of timed brushing when I wakeup.
At night I just swish Hydrogen peroxide two times with a follow up single swish of alcohol based mouthwash before going to bed.
I drink a glass of whole milk with my only meal(dinner) every night for as long as I can remember, with the infrequent exception of eating out.
Not tasted any candy in many, many decades. (Really)

I managed to ween myself off of all soft drinks well over a decade ago, & outside of Orange Juice for my evening`s screwdrivers, and a small squirt of honey in each of my mugs of coffee, that`s about it for direct external sugar intake & I like heavy crushed ice in my libations and I crunch the drinks ice which I believe helps scour food from my teeth after dinner..

I despise dentist`s gouging prices after my original up here that was a Old School good one had to go off and have a heart attack and die on me in the mid nineties !

The one who took over his practice charged me nearly 10 yrs. ago $ 250.00 X 4( YES, that`s $1000.00 !) visits for simply cleaning my teeth",( no dental insurance, being retired & on SS disability) in which I didn`t realize what was going on by not thinking to inquire before they started, until I became scammed after the first 1/4 of my teeth were cleaned, so I was committed, but I dressed them down very loudly when paying in front of folks in the waiting area, and assured them that they got me once & they would never see me gracing their door again, & they certainly were not going to get a referral from me, but instead warnings to anybody who asked me about any dentists to recommend, and they had nothing to say in their defense !

I will continue to absolutely avoid all the medical/dental industry practitioners like they have Covid 19 !

update to my post in 2017 im now 66. i had to have a root canal on one of the anchor teeth to my bridge, after a couple of weeks the the tooth broke off. they were able to save half the bridge, a post and crown was put in the root of the broken tooth and i had an implant put in where the missing one was. at the dentist yesterday they said i need a crown on one of my real teeth now so im sure i will have more teeth missing or with crowns then not now.

Had all my Teeth removed when I was 32! Best thing I ever did!Had problems with my gums since birth.Had 5 Abscess at the time and was fed-up!Never bought False Teeth and had no more problems and saved one hell of a lot of money to boot:)

all pulled in my mid 20's
spent a fortune trying to keep em.sux to spend $800 on 2 teeth just to have em pulled 8 months later.
Dr said no calcium in my teeth, caused nothing but problems for yrs.
had them all pulled at once in hospital,also an error. they put you under so they can just rip them out brutally .
had bone fragments coming from my jaw for 2 yrs
had an allergic reaction to the anaesthetic and woke up part way thru. all i remember is being whisked away and wrapped in steaming blankets from some big chrome lockers, then i was out again

62/31. An overzealous dentist weekend one tooth by drilling out too much, it finally broke and I needed a crown. Otherwise, they're all there.

I had three of my wisdom teeth pulled. Most of the other have been capped. I don't know what the full complement is, so I voted "more than 30". Someone let me know if I'm wrong about that.

Back
Top Bottom