How many of "The old guard" are still around?

tyeeslayer

I was perusing the thread When AK members - friends - silently disappear and it got we wondering how many, say 2003 and earlier are still active?
Even if they don't post, they still visit now and again.

You can view the profiles of the oldest of the old guard by first opening ANY profile and then changing the number at the end of the web address (i.e., the URL) to a small whole number and hitting return/enter. The user numbers are consecutive, starting with 2 (0 and 1 are admin accounts).

Similarly, you can look at the earliest threads here by changing the number at the end of ANY post's URL from whatever it is to a small whole number. The first thread is number 1.

In either case, don't worry that the name or title that comes before the number will be wrong. That will be automagically updated when you hit return. Note also that some profiles (and threads?) will not be viewable.

Apologies to all if this breaks the internet.

Last edited:
I'm a relative newcomer - Mar 30, 2007

Member 24367

Last edited:
Joined May 23, 2004

Rarely do I ever post. In fact, I don’t really recall how many posts I’ve actually made. It’s a very small number, though. Less than 500 posts, I’m sure.

I usually stop by for a visit several times per week.

I'm a relative newcomer - Mar 30, 2007
Me too. Well, 10 days beforehand, but around the same time. Didn't know the forum existed until I acquired a McIntosh MC2120 power amp, and started looking for info about it. Since then, I've not only acquired lots more good gear (including a whole new Mc stack), but have also heard lots more good music, met lots more good folks, and generally had lots more good fun. :thumbsup:
-Adam

I' guess you can call me part of the old guard.
Last Activity:
2 minutes ago
Media:

Me too. Well, 10 days beforehand, but around the same time. Didn't know the forum existed until I acquired a McIntosh MC2120 power amp, and started looking for info about it. Since then, I've not only acquired lots more good gear (including a whole new Mc stack), but have also heard lots more good music, met lots more good folks, and generally had lots more good fun. :thumbsup:
-Adam
I'm pretty sure I joined looking for info on my ancient "drop lid" turntable, a Philco Q-1562. I still haven't fixed it, may never fix it, but I've found a great group of folks.

Back
Top Bottom