How many strands for 10awg?

Wait so how did you solder that while you were squeezing it? Wouldn't the pliers have sucked out all the heat? Unless the pliers were hot too...in which case what did you use to heat all that up, a blowtorch?

That silicone stuff looks great, I'm tempted to actually upgrade from zip cord after seeing this.
I used a 100watt iron. Takes a good half minute, no problem.

If there's a difference to be observed, this wire will put the question to rest.

Thanks guys. I found the Calmont chart. I just don't know how to calculate it. Not sure if it's a simple matter of multiplication.

I want to replicate the Magnat Superflow speaker cable I used 30 yrs. ago. No longer available. It was 10awg per lead with something like 1260 strands each. Google references are all mine from past discussions. I had a remarkable experience with it.
Was each strand individually insulated on the Magnat cabling?
If so, consider heavy guage litz wire.

Ill be interested in the impressions of the silver plated silicone wire. I usually find silver plated wire to be very transparent sounding but ultimately somewhat bright sounding in an "unnatural" way as I listen to it over time. But ,,, you never know and this sounds like really good wire on the cheap.

Ill be interested in the impressions of the silver plated silicone wire. I usually find silver plated wire to be very transparent sounding but ultimately somewhat bright sounding in an "unnatural" way as I listen to it over time. But ,,, you never know and this sounds like really good wire on the cheap.
I think what we experience with silver is simply what we're not used to since we all rarely come across it's use in our gear. I suspect that if the reverse were true, and copper incidentally came into play, our impression would be that it's rather dull/dead sounding. I wired a pair of my LSR&D Superamp monos with pure silver a few years ago and I can attest that it is a definite improvement. Exactly as I have described it hypothetically. What comes out of them is just more lively/pure sounding. Definitely not a burden.

I've been listening exclusively to my Acoustat Monitor 3s for a year now. It just occurred to me these are an ultimate test bed. I was just going to make up a pair for general use This wire with silicone jacket seems like a perfect match for the high voltage requirement of these speakers.

Back
Top Bottom