How many vintage receivers do you have?

Guess I'm not the only one that needs at stereo in the living room, dining room, bedroom, hallway, garage, den, office, spare bedroom, guest bedroom, etc.....and one for traveling.
Sansui G-7700
Sansui 8900ZDB
Sansui QRX-9001
Sansui QRX-777 (QuadBob Mod)
Sony STR-7065A
Sony STR-7025
Sherwood S-7125A (on/off mod)
Onkyo TX-2500mkII
Mitsubishi DA-R15
Mitsubishi DA-U156
TransAudio 6800
Concept 4.5D
Concept 6.5
Fisher RS-1015
Wintec R-1120
Nakamishi R-1 (for motel/hotel debauchery travels)
Toshiba SA-520
JVC S-301mkII

All working good except one side is out on the Fisher and Sansui 8900zdb.
Note: I need a bigger house or a smaller girlfriend. Luckily I've taken a turn to shy away from the upper end receivers because they don't always sound the best?

Yamaha A S501 (not really "vintage" but nevertheless super clean 2 channel analogue awesomeness)
Yamaha CR 420
Pioneer A 60
Onkyo A 8015
NAD 7225PE
Handmade Russian tube amp.

Right now Im the high bidder on fleabay for a Sansui AU 7500 (wishing & hoping!!)
Also have my sights on a Denon PMA 770 and a Luxman R 404 from the local CL....

Oh yeah I got the sickness pretty bad...and thats with not even mentioning my speaker addiction (7 pairs in a 1 bedroom apt...my neighbors must despise me...and I still have an uncontrollable need to hear more speakers!

Both of these addictions pale in comparison to my drug of choice...TURNTABLES...got more than I know what to do with (1 bedroom apt!) and yet I cant stop buying more...its always "the last TT Im going to buy"...denial is a hoot

I'm throwing out four today - I can't be bothered with the selling game so out on the curb they go. I think that puts my total at 35.

Just curious as to what four?
Soundesign 5591, Fisher RS-220, Realistic Modulette, and a Yamaha CR-400. I'm also chucking a Sony RTR, a Sanyo amp and half a dozen pairs of small craptastic speakers. I put 8 large speakers out on the curb a month ago. Two pair of white van "Audio Monitor dBlV's" and four of those grey material Grafdale 300 watt jobs. I live out in the country - not a lot of traffic - but the first pick up truck that came by had a couple high school kids and I could hear them chuckling about their great score. They took them all. That made me happier than I would have been selling them off.

Last edited:
Soundesign 5591, Fisher RS-220, Realistic Modulette, and a Yamaha CR-400. I'm also chucking a Sony RTR, a Sanyo amp and half a dozen pairs of small craptastic speakers.
That Yamaha working is a nice little receiver.I've moved quite a bit up the audio ladder but am still intrigued by even the lowliest.I have to make myself not bring that stuff home anymore.

Mmmm, just 18 pieces, I thought it was more...

JVC 4VR-5445, JVC 4DD-5, JVC 5910
Kenwood KR-7070A
Luxman R-1050
Luxman R-1500S
Luxman R-800E II
Luxman R-800S
Technics SA-500 (x2)
Technics SA-5170K
Technics SA-5200
Technics SA-5360
Technics SA-5370K
Technics SA-5560 (x2)
Technics SA-5760
Technics SA-600
Technics SA-616
Technics SA-6400X
Technics SA-700 (x3)
Technics SA-8000x
Technics SA-818
Technics SA-8500X

By any chance you have the Technics SA-5200S Stereo integrated amplifier manual? Please share if you do
TIA
or just specs would be enough

Only a few. Only paid for the first 4, the rest were given as “Hey, do you want this old crap for anything?” All work. Love the Revox & Nak. They’re all recapped, as is the Marantz & Advent. The Naks both have a small issue in the amp, still tracking down/working on (random poping once it warms up, & one even it turns itself off. Well, maybe not so small). The 1900 needs me to replace the volume and recap.
Mac 1900
Nak 730 (2)
Revox B780
Revox B285
Sansui 7000
Pioneer SX-9
Marantz 2230
Advent 300
JVC R-X80

And technically though pre-amps, the two Mac C33s can be considered receivers as they do have 30W/channel. (Edit, actually only 20W/CH- 20-20kHz)

Last edited:
Two..
Technics SA 800 and
Technics SA 600 that I need to get fixed..

I wonder if I should set up a crowdfunding or GoFundMe for help getting this sa-600 fixed

After dropping fast earlier in the year, I am gaining again....wait we are not talking about my fat ass? Well the same thing with receivers!

Sony STR 5800SD
Quadraflex 979
Sears Audio By Fisher 45 wpc
Fisher SA 2007

And in RIP my Kenwood KR 4600 that started my journey back into vintage audio.....If finally crapped out totally and was parted out a few days ago.

OOPs, my mistake. The monitor amp in the C33 is only 20W/ch - 20-20K (30W@ 1kHz), but it does have Mcintosh Power Guard. I've used it that way a few times, when swapping or working on amps. I love the C33, especially for the 2 phono and 3 tape sections, plus front panel tape connections. They are my main input devices, so sort of a receiver, where I mainly just use the Pre sections, which many other main stream receivers have as well. Only the C32, 33 & 34 Mac Pre's had Monitor amps built in.

OOPs, my mistake. The monitor amp in the C33 is only 20W/ch - 20-20K (30W@ 1kHz), but it does have Mcintosh Power Guard. I've used it that way a few times, when swapping or working on amps. I love the C33, especially for the 2 phono and 3 tape sections, plus front panel tape connections. They are my main input devices, so sort of a receiver, where I mainly just use the Pre sections, which many other main stream receivers have as well. Only the C32, 33 & 34 Mac Pre's had Monitor amps built in.

What I was confused about was you saying a C 33 integrated could be considered a receiver. Kind of a stretch of logic there.

How so? Name one thing that makes it not a 20w/ch receiver? I’ve used it as exactly such. It is just how Mcintosh designates it. For instance, the manuals for the Sansui 7000 call it a “Solid State Am/FM Integrated Amplifier”. Its just a designation.

How so? Name one thing that makes it not a 20w/ch receiver? I’ve used it as exactly such. It is just how Mcintosh designates it. For instance, the manuals for the Sansui 7000 call it a “Solid State Am/FM Integrated Amplifier”. Its just a designation.

A receiver indicates a tuner in the same chassis. As in radio signal receiver.

Yes, its just a designation, but that is how things are described so we all know what they are.

If you read the brochure of the 7000 it is described as "AM/FM Stereo Multiplex Tuner Amplifier"

And the Service Manual calls it "AM/FM Stereo Tuner Amplifier"

file:///C:/Users/afpar/AppData/Local/Temp/hfe_sansui_7000_service_en_alt_scan.pdf

An integrated amp does not have a tuner so it is not a receiver.

Back
Top Bottom