How old are you?

Well ... I'm 61. Been enjoying vinyl back in the sixties when my Dad had a T.V. repair shop and sold records to increase income. No better way to listen to great music than 33 1/3 in my humble opinion. Enjoy your stay with us my friend.

Pushing the mid 50's here. Still have the first receiver from 1978. Still have what little vinyl I bought back then, some of it un-played as I never had a decent tt. Entered the vintage tt and vinyl market around the age of 50.

Should have done it sooner.

58. I believe my first 45 was the Theme from the cartoon "Top Cat". It was a bright yellow 45.

My first "sound system" was around 8th grade... a junk bin mono tube amp that fed a junk bin raw 10" speaker that was corner loaded in my bedroom. Oh yeah, the source was a Sony TC-45 portable cassette deck (a Christmas present I begged for).

*Sigh*

I'm 62 and helped my Mom stain my Dad's JBL raw-plywood cabinet housing his mono 030 system when I was 4-years old. When I was 9, my Dad put that system on the curb for the Goodwill when he acquired his first stereo (Fisher 400). I dragged the big JBL, a Pilot amp, and a Miracord TT inside and hid it in my closet. I still have that JBL today. Bought my first Mac (used C20) back in 1969. Still have it. Bought my next JBLs (L112) in 1981. Still have them.

:banana:

Interesting Thread !

I'm 44, bought my Infinity Qb speakers when I was 19, trying to "improve" my stereo (what I was "improving" from some years earlier). And I remember my 7th or 8th birthday's gift, a mono cassette player, and 1 cassette: "Jazz" by Queen.

63 great years here! Started by adding a speaker to a clock radio and thought it was stereo! I also put colored celophane on our TV ( we only had black and white then) to make it a color TV. AM Radio ruled!

Just turned 51 on May 1st

EDIT: Second part of OP's question

I started collecting records at 12 and have been enamored with good audio gear since I was 16. Things have not changed much in the years since

Last edited:
Turned 50 yesterday, the SX780 I bought new in 1979 (or 1980) is what started it all for me.

A hearty 58 I am. Started listening to music from age 10 or so on my Show 'n Tell then spending time with my dad in my teens listening to Herbie Mann, Booker T, Georgie Auld & many others on his console!

Bought new LPs at age 19 & never looked back! :D

Rome

60 last November. I'd like to say it didn't matter...but I'm looking at the world and my life a bit differently since.

But nothing's changed about my music/listening passion.

56 (57 in July 2015). Started playing music at age 9 (1967), classically trained for 6 years before playing rock, went pro in 1972, played, recorded and toured with Belleville Black Knights Drum And Bugle Corps in 1974, started playing rock (bass) in 1975, have always been involved in music since '67.

Got serious about gear first in the 70's (getting a killer bass rig and PA), then keyed on 2-channel home audio around 2010.

I am 53. From as young as I can remember, my oldest brother was building Hafler, Heathkit, and Dynaco gear on the kitchen tables. He built me my first setup when I was about 10.

So, 43 years into music and gear

Back
Top Bottom