How old, make that "YOUNG", are you guys?

26 years old but feel younger (most of the time). I've been into music since I was a young child and didn't start taking it more seriously as a listener until my early 20's. The first time I slapped on a pair of Sennheiser HD-280s and listened to FLAC files on a computer, I realized how fun this whole hearing thing could be. I feel odd because I seem to have taken the scenic route to audio appreciation.

I'm really into electronic music releases on vinyl as well as Jazz LPs.

I think the young move too fast for a dedicated hobby that requires time and patience. I'll be 49, tomorrow. I'm just too slow for 'em.

S.J.
"May your days be long upon this earth."

I'm 52. I started appreciating better audio while in High School, but got pretty well into it while in college. One of the first things I did to my first car was put a decent stereo in it!

Shows different priorities with age groups; when I got my first car the first thing I put in it was a decent girl.

I think the young move too fast for a dedicated hobby that requires time and patience. I'll be 49, tomorrow. I'm just too slow for 'em.

S.J.
"May your days be long upon this earth."

I would like to take the opportunity to wish you a very, very happy birthday. :D :nono: Please do not, however, read this till tomorrow as early birthday wishes can bring bad luck!

27 in a few weeks, been into hifi for about 2 years now, but been messing around with audio gear and making crappy speaker cabs since I was about 11-12.

got interested in sound while a lil kid being babysat every night in an old fashioned small town movie theatre in the late 40's. Carbon arc lamps in the booth, Altec Lansing stuff behind the screen = magic.
Dad brought home a Mc tube 60 amp and pre, a Rondine Rekokut TT and
a JBL. Wow.
Now, this year, getting back into hifi. Gotta have a hobby when you're this
old. Been a ham radio op since '69. (N4DAG)
Bot a KT 8007 for 50 from a moving friend. Still can't beat that one for soundstage. Coupla Luxman tuners, San TU-517, and a great Akai recvr #1175.
Jolida tube amp, Xindak Muse Ver 3.0 tube CD. About 8 prs of speakers, including Bertagni flat panel, 2 sets of CV Rockers, EPI 200B, M&K, B&W, Pioneer CS99a...
It's all good!
GW supplies the addiction cheap too.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom