How or where should I put my psb Image 8C center speaker?

tmho

DSCN6558.JPG
In my system as shown on the above photo, the Sony 55" TV is put on the top of a TV cabinet. Originally, I was using a polk audio center speaker (put aside as shown on photo). It is small enough to be put in front of the TV without blocking the TV screen.

Recently, I got the psb Image 8C center speaker (the one put on a stool temporily as shown on photo) from a friend. The psb is too big and so will block part of the TV screen if put on the cabinet and in front of the TV.

I understand the best way to solve the problem is to hang the TV on the wall. But hanging the TV on the wall will be a big challenge to me. I will only consider that if there is really no other way.

I have the idea of putting the psb center speaker on the cabinet, and then putting the TV on top of the psb center speaker. Will the psb center speaker strong enough to support the 50 lbs TV?

Now the TV height is perfect for me. The TV screen center is at my eye level. The TV will be 6-1/2" higher if put on top of the psb center speaker. Will that be not good?

Will there be other bad effects if the TV is put on top of the psb center speaker?

Will there be other good ways of putting the psb center speaker?

All I'll say is that the best place(s) to mount the center speaker is centered either directly above or below the screen and as close to it as possible., preferably in the same plane as the other front speakers. Whatever you feel you need to do to satisfy your goals is valid,

IMNSHO, the best way would be to wall mount the TV.

My second choice would be to mount the speaker on the wall above the TV.

The most convenient way would be to put the TV on top of the speaker. I'd call the manufacturer and ask them if it will support the weight. Also, see how well the pedestal or legs will fit on the speaker. Sometimes, legs can be pretty far apart which would make putting it on top not an option.

In either the first or third case, the TV is going to be raised somewhat. Your call.

I would get some sort of riser/stand to raise the TV high enough to put the center speaker under it, with a bit extra to spare. Not because I think the TV is too heavy for the speaker, but with a little extra height of the riser you could also tilt up the center speaker a bit.

Good Day,
I had the same issue with my new TV.
I had a custom wood riser made to accommodate my Mirage OMD C-1 center speaker. Sorry I can't remember the company but I'm sure a goggle search will find many to choose from.
I'm very happy with the results.
"nikkofan"

I have a similar installation to yours, TV on a desk from which I removed a drawer and my old center just fit it. Upgraded to C and the to a 9C. No question of getting the 9C inside, did not want to risk putting the TV on the speaker. I got a nice pair of massive steel speaker stands the right height, left it in front and angled the 9C up to aim right at the listening position. My Yamaha's calibration adjusts for position and the results are perfect sonically. I don't mind the visuals, the speaker stands make it look right like a permanent solution rather than a temporary work around which is what the stool must seem like.

View attachment 973376
In my system as shown on the above photo, the Sony 55" TV is put on the top of a TV cabinet. Originally, I was using a polk audio center speaker (put aside as shown on photo). It is small enough to be put in front of the TV without blocking the TV screen.

Recently, I got the psb Image 8C center speaker (the one put on a stool temporily as shown on photo) from a friend. The psb is too big and so will block part of the TV screen if put on the cabinet and in front of the TV.

I understand the best way to solve the problem is to hang the TV on the wall. But hanging the TV on the wall will be a big challenge to me. I will only consider that if there is really no other way.

I have the idea of putting the psb center speaker on the cabinet, and then putting the TV on top of the psb center speaker. Will the psb center speaker strong enough to support the 50 lbs TV?

Now the TV height is perfect for me. The TV screen center is at my eye level. The TV will be 6-1/2" higher if put on top of the psb center speaker. Will that be not good?

Will there be other bad effects if the TV is put on top of the psb center speaker?

Will there be other good ways of putting the psb center speaker?
I have a center speaker stand that I used to use for a system I used to have, it would work perfectly for your situation, pm me if your interested.

Audiofreak71

I vote to hang the TV on the wall. It is not very difficult to do and will look much better. A mount will cost about $30.
I have the same PSB speaker sitting on a low credenza, 2 Image B25s and the TV on the wall with all TV interconnects running inside the wall. Much cleaner look. No worries about someone or some thing (cat) knocking the TV off of the speaker or riser.

Back
Top Bottom