How satisfied are you with your system poll.

Your system satisfaction rating

Votes: 16 11.1%

Votes: 21 14.6%

Votes: 36 25.0%

Votes: 36 25.0%

Votes: 18 12.5%

Votes: 6 4.2%

Votes: 6 4.2%

Votes: 3 2.1%

Votes: 2 1.4%

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

PHC1

Addicted Member
On a scale from 5 to 10 how satisfied are you with your McIntosh system?
Partial McIntosh/Other brand gear OK too! Think back to all the systems you ever heard, high end store/friends house, etc.. What is lacking or what do you miss in your system as compared to better ones you have heard? What can you do to improve it?

Why from 5 to 10? I figured no one is going to say less than 5, if you did, no one would believe you anyways, no McIntosh system can suck that bad, no matter vintage or new!:D So I figure I would instead allow room for the fractional scores since there is a max of 10 in a poll.

I voted 9, because I can use some more bass in my system, my room is the difficult part, floorstanding speakers are very difficult to integrate into my room, besides the monitors I have, the imaging is crazy good. What can be done? 1. Musical quality SUB. 2. Bass traps. Any system can use extra acoustic treatments!

Masterlu, your system is of the charts, there would have to be a special scale just for you but you are welcome to participate. :thmbsp:

I put 8.5. I am happy with what I have and as good as it sounds to me there is still 1.5 worth of tweaking possible including a turntable shelf. :)

Carl

I voted 9.5, to be more specific I would say I am 9.9 satisfied with my system. My system is better than I ever dreamed it would be. And this is coming from someone who as a pre-teen cut out pictures from Stereo Review and put them up on my bedroom walls. :stupid:

I could not vote 10 because I think I will always want the system to be just a little bit better. More, more I want more.:D

Victor

I put 8.5. I am happy with what I have and as good as it sounds to me there is still 1.5 worth of tweaking possible including a turntable shelf
Carl, wall mounted or of the vibration reducing rack variety?

I would like to have a wall mounted shelf. I still have a few things to do yet before I call the city to do a final on my add on and I really need to do those first.

Carl

Guys, this may work much better if you add comments on what you would like to get more out of your system, never know, someone may have some very good advice. That was the idea behind this poll! Don't just vote, POST YOUR COMMENTS!:thmbsp:

PHC1 said:
Guys, this may work much better if you add comments on what you would like to get more out of your system, never know, someone may have some very good advice. That was the idea behind this poll! Don't just vote, POST YOUR COMMENTS!:thmbsp:
I want what I always want, more detail. I'm always riding the fence between detail and listener fatigue. I find that McIntosh equipment gives me the most detail without being fatiguing but I would always like more detail.

Victor

Mine is vintage, but it still is a point of wonder for me. I can't help but wonder what a C2200 and MC501's would be like. McHeaven?

I want what I always want, more detail. I'm always riding the fence between detail and listener fatigue. I find that McIntosh equipment gives me the most detail without being fatiguing but I would always like more detail.
Victor, have you tried silver IC's yet?

PHC1 said:
Masterlu, your system is off the charts, there would have to be a special scale just for you but you are welcome to participate. :thmbsp:

OK, I'm in at a 10 :thmbsp: Thanks for the Kudo's!

I really have run out of ways to improve my Systems sound. I just have to wait for McIntosh to release their new wave of technology!

Please hurry up guys, would a bribe help? :D

PHC1 said:
Victor, have you tried silver IC's yet?
Yes, I'm using XLR balanced AudioTruth (AudioQuest) Diamond X3 interconnects from the MDA1000 to the C1000 and to the MC501s and they are great. When I got the C1000 and I first used the silver balanced interconnects my jaw was in the dropped position for about an hour. The added detail was fantastic. At first I did not think the silver cables added any harshness that added listener fatigue, now I'm not sure. I ordered 2 XLR copper interconnects from Guerrilla to do some comparisons.

BTW I did find and eliminate a source of listener fatigue in my system. My chair that I sit in when listening to my stereo is leather and has a high back. The leather behind my ears was causing me to get listener fatigue. I put a thick towel folded over the back of the chair and I find the sound is much more relaxed with no fatigue. My chair needs acoustical treatment, how crazy am I?:stupid: This is sounding a lot like the cartoons that I laughed at in the old Stereo Review magazines, now I'm living in one of those cartoons.:stupid:

Victor

I ordered 2 XLR copper interconnects from Guerrilla to do some comparisons
I am using them now, good balance of smoothness and detail.
My chair that I sit in when listening to my stereo is leather and has a high back. The leather behind my ears was causing me to get listener fatigue. I put a thick towel folded over the back of the chair and I find the sound is much more relaxed with no fatigue.
I use pillows against the wall behind my listening couch.

Victor, since upgrading the power cords to Guerrilla and using RGPC 600s, my system went up a few notches. Microdynamics and acoustical space recreation is better. I am waiting on RGPC Pole Pig isolation transformer to arrive.:yes:

PHC1 said:
Victor, since upgrading the power cords to Guerrilla and using RGPC 600s, my system went up a few notches. Microdynamics and acoustical space recreation is better. I am waiting on RGPC Pole Pig isolation transformer to arrive.:yes:
I have been using Shunyata for power cables and the Shunyata Hydra 8 with great results. If I get the chance I would give Richard Gray products a try. The Shunyata products in my system made about the same improvement as when I added the MDA1000. They just made everything more musical while greatly reducing background grunge. :music:

Victor

PHC1 said:
I use pillows against the wall behind my listening couch.
I have Auralex foam treatments on all 4 walls, I feel right at home in my padded cell.:huge:

Victor

I figure I'm at 9.0 in the main den system ,maybe 8.5 for the first winners relegated to the garage for right now - with Advent beauties,

Back
Top Bottom