How satisfied are you with your system poll.

Your system satisfaction rating

Votes: 16 11.1%

Votes: 21 14.6%

Votes: 36 25.0%

Votes: 36 25.0%

Votes: 18 12.5%

Votes: 6 4.2%

Votes: 6 4.2%

Votes: 3 2.1%

Votes: 2 1.4%

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I feel my Mac system chimes in at a solid 9.5.

I really enjoy the neutrality and soundstage of my system. The MC225 with C20 joined with Heresy IIs is accurate and revealing. I have no problem with volume as I don't quite enjoy bleeding ears as I did in my youth. If I had to complain, I'd have to say there is a slight lack of bass (not really a bother just yet) using the Heresies. The bass is quite realistic, just not always at the level I sometimes wish to experiment with (even with the C20 bass trim adjusted +5db) Perhaps some Klipschorns and an additional 225 both being fed by a C22... :drool:

I also look forward to participating in the interconnect 'exchange' in the near future. The Monster Z3 speaker wire I got last Christmas was a good upgrade as well as some no-name interconnects (as big and stiff as the Z3) I got from Canada from an ePay cable maker (the scary lockable variety - I am real careful not to yank them when removing :nono: ).

The tube CD and the Scout just plain rock with the Mac front end. Aural bliss! :tresbon:

I know I could always do better with different speakers, a different preamp, and maybe even a Super Scoutmaster (in my dreams), but I don't know if I'll ever want to part with my sweet 225!

-Dave

Richard Gray Pole Pig arrived today, in combination with the RG 600s, the system gained another half octave of bass or so. Noise floor dropped even lower, micro and macro dynamics have improved, bass extended a little further. Actually I am very surprised just how much bass I have gained since attacking the power side of the equation with Power cords and power conditioners. The Pole Pig/600s is a very nice combo indeed! Never thought power conditioning can bring more changes than ICs and speaker cables! I want to thank Masterlu for his suggestion on RGPC products! He uses 20 RGPC units in his system. I can now honestly rate my system at a solid 9.5 instead of 9.:thmbsp:

PHC1 said:
Richard Gray Pole Pig arrived today, in combination with the RG 600s, the system gained another half octave of bass or so. Noise floor dropped even lower, micro and macro dynamics have improved, bass extended a little further. Actually I am very surprised just how much bass I have gained since attacking the power side of the equation with Power cords and power conditioners. The Pole Pig/600s is a very nice combo indeed! Never thought power conditioning can bring more changes than ICs and speaker cables! I want to thank Masterlu for his suggestion on RGPC products! He uses 20 RGPC units in his system. I can now honestly rate my system at a solid 9.5 instead of 9.:thmbsp:

Your welcome, anytime! :music:

aw shucks, you guys have some great stuff. masterlu , anytime you want to upgrade and throw an old mac my way :D ...but gee, i'm pretty happy with my mac4100...she's missing a few lights, the buttons need some deoxit, and my girlfriend has a small christmas tree perched on one of my speakers. but i'm happy as hell with it! sure, some day i want to upgrade, but for now i'm plenty happy!! old nat king cole singing christmas tunes never sounded better!! :music:

but i'm happy as hell with it! sure, some day i want to upgrade, but for now i'm plenty happy!! old nat king cole singing christmas tunes never sounded better!!
:thmbsp:

PHC1 said:

And I am happy for you PHC1.:music:

I am now working towards getting a pair of MC1201 and XRT30's as the ALL McIntosh look is more inviting than the WP7 to Maxx 2 upgrade since I am allowed to redecor my listening space.:scratch2:

May my coming 2007 New Year wish comes true.:thmbsp:

Merry X'mas!

I voted lower on the scale because I am working on the system

I voted lower because I am in th process of getting the system better.

Got a new power amp and pre amp, now getting the McMS300 music server, once i replace the tuner and speakers I am certain I will rate it higher.

The deal is in my opinion you never get a 10 unless you run out of spending money!!

I put 8.5. I am happy with what I have and as good as it sounds to me there is still 1.5 worth of tweaking possible including a turntable shelf. :)

Carl

I'm with Carl. Overall, I am pleased but always think there is room for minor tweaks.

I voted 8.5 also before looking at poll so not influenced by others.

Barry

Me, a solid 9.5 for the system. I'm not enamored of my BPC Sony dual well deck, but I don't use it except to record FM or play back cassettes I'm ripping. It's the listening room that only gets a 3 from me!
Tom

After getting my Pioneer Spec 2 bi-amped Infinity speakers all cabled up with new ZU cables top to bottom. About the only thing I need is to get my TT a good going over, so I'm sitting at a rock solid 9.5 and am loving it :music:

I gave mine a 9 only because I want to replace my Carvin amp with another matching Tapco.

I would also like a nice rackmount CD...

McIntosh?

I did not vote in the pole. Although I have several McIntosh pieces of equipment, I am currently not using any them and Yes, I am very happy with my system. If this is a McIntosh pole should not it be moved to the McIntosh forum?

8.5 One more mc275 and a new CD/SACD player and some room treatments, and then I think I will be in easily in the 9.0's

OH CRAP sorry I didn't see this was about McIntosh systems. I voted as to how happy I am with the Pioneer Shrine which is around a 9 out of 10. I got a few things to move around but when I sit my butt on the couch nothing but a smile is to be seen.

If I can have the 10,000 series, it would be perfect 10, but I am not complaining about my current setup.

Hell, I'm thrilled with all the stuff I got. Couldn't really ask for more. But if there was one thing I'd like to improve on someday is the speakers. Not much for HT speakers, don't want a subwoofer either. The ones I have are nice, but I've heard better. Would love something like the old Polk SDA series from the late 80's early 90's or a home built version. I'm just not much of a cabinet builder.

- Mike

9 out of 10. The speakers are some of the best I've ever heard, but I know what they are capable of, I just dont have the money to squeeze it out. :sigh:

I'm actually quite new to Mac having acquired my MA6500 on July 6 & the MCD751 on July 20. :banana: I gave mine an 8 because I really looked at the whole system. The Mac parts are excellent (by themselves are a 9.5) and they are not going anywhere for a long time but the rest needs some work. I'm still in the process of updating the GyroDec with new parts. I would really like (need too!) to go to a wall type mount for it to get off my bouncy floor. It just quivers as I approach the rack now. Any inexpensive fixes for that? I know I'm also lacking in the power conditioning area. Will probably start with a used Powervar. The last area of improvement would be to get my Maggies "Gunned" ( http://www.indiespinzone.com/magnestand.html):yes: For right now I'm just enjoying what I have. :grnbounce Since getting the Mac gear I've spent way more time than I should in my little 2 channel man-cave. I'm developing into a hermit but I'm just enjoying the :music: so much! :D Well it's time to wire in that new DC motor for the GyroDec. :smoke:

Back
Top Bottom