How to fix DC offset with no trim pots available?

If I can break in and ask a question please. I understand that a very high DC OFFSET can cause a receiver to stay in protection mode. So how would you check the DC OFFSET when in protection mode? Pioneer SX-950 in protection mode DC OFFSET reads OL. however I do not feel this is correct. if the protection does not open then there should be nothing coming out my speaker connections. Correct?? = OL

Thanks for the help

You would need to get inside the amplifier and check the voltage at the output ahead of the relay.

If I can break in and ask a question please. I understand that a very high DC OFFSET can cause a receiver to stay in protection mode. So how would you check the DC OFFSET when in protection mode? Pioneer SX-950 in protection mode DC OFFSET reads OL. however I do not feel this is correct. if the protection does not open then there should be nothing coming out my speaker connections. Correct?? = OL

Thanks for the help

OL is your meter saying overload .try a higher setting

Thanks. Thats all well and good but when you have a DC offset that is not reduced to less than 20mV after you have replaced the differential pair with a "matched" pair, there is still more to the story.
Example... I have a Kenwood KR-5030. When I acquired it the DC offset readings were, left 100mV, right 23mv. I replaced the diff pair with a set that were matched at hfe 453 and 455.
Thanks

Older post, but......the Kenwood KR-5030 does have variable trim pots for the left and right channel dc offset.

Back
Top Bottom