How to solder with capacitor on foil side?

sajjad amer

Dear all
I am trying to restore amplifier boards on Revox B780. I would like to install new capacitors but capacitors on the amplifier board are soldered on the foil side. I could not get the soldering iron underneath the capacitors so I used a hacksaw to take them off and clean the solder contacts. But now the question is how do I solder them back on? As a last resort I will use jumper wires but if Revox technicians can solder it so should anyone. Has anyone got any experience how to tackle it?
Below is a picture of B750 Boards to give you an idea of what I am talking about. Top board is in genuine condition , foil and solder contacts are underneath the capacitor. Please help !
klWGS.jpg

I agree with you all, I am talking about the electrolytics and they are indeed snap ins. However the board is single sided. and only way to solder is on the same side as the capacitor. This is the picture of my amplifier board. The mess on board is not mine, I want to do it properly, unlike the jumper wires used by previous repairer. I have marked the area of concern.

Attachments

• b780.jpeg
    b780.jpeg
    54.8 KB · Views: 52
@Joe Roberts @BinaryMike you both are absolutely correct. Thank you ever so much. There are brass eyelets on the board, which allow soldering. Problem sorted. I could not clear solder from the eyelets as it needed higher temperature, once cleared the solder flowed around terminals easily. Problem sorted

Back
Top Bottom