How to stop being an audiophile?

That's easy, a lot of people here figured it out long ago! Marry an uptight woman/man who thinks your audio equipment is ugly and won't tolerate it!

My "get married" was in jest just as many of the other replies were. After all I did not invent the the term W.A.F., Wife Acceptance Factor. A good customer of mine just left his long time girlfriend, the audio disease was a major factor.

Last edited:
My "get married" was in jest just as many of the other replies were. After all I did not invent the the term W.A.F., Wife Acceptance Factor. I good customer of mine just left his long time girlfriend, the audio disease was a major factor.
Still waiting to hear about HAF:)

I'm streaming music thru Amazon.

It's worthwhile because it's convenient, but it's a little thin and reedy sounding on my system.

Last edited:
Get yourself some kick-ass radio transcriptions of your favorite artists. Great performances, so-so recordings.

Don't blow your system by running it at high volume after connecting two sets of 4 ohm speakers to an 8 ohm rated amp, presenting a 2 ohm load...

Or you, like the OP, will have to stop being an audiophile.

Don't blow your system by running it at high volume after connecting two sets of 4 ohm speakers to an 8 ohm rated amp, presenting a 2 ohm load...

Or you, like the OP, will have to stop being an audiophile.

I think that would be a 1 ohm nominal load...but you would probably need to ask an audiophile to be sure.

If you think that being an Audiophile (using the accepted definition of the word) is a bad thing but really enjoy listening to music then maybe you should go to live events instead of listening to recorded music.
If you dislike being an Audiophile in the derogatory way it's sometimes described then you should hang out here a while and relax with a bunch of laid back people who like to listen to music, have fun playing with gear and like to talk to each other about it. You'll realize it's not such a bad thing to be after all.

I know a guy named Phil that's into audio.
He claims he is not an audiophile but he has been referred to as Audio Phil.
You should hear his audio files.

I don't think you ever stop being one by definition. I think everyone looks for that tweak, the next mod, a better mouse trap, (especially if Kia hamster size). The kaizen concept is applicable here. Always improving.
There is no time limit on one's audiophileness. Some will become content short term with their own audiophilality, until they get with someone who has more. Ultimate audiophilabsolism is all but impossible, but you can get pretty close with the proper application of alcohol and an amp that when cranked up makes the sun dim, or could actually make Beethoven hear his 9th.
Have the pizza guy on speed dial... you'll always be an audiophile to him, bopping up your walkway, MP3's in his earbuds.

Back
Top Bottom