How to tighten the fit of speakers / headband of my FOSTEX T20RPs.

quadklipsh

Hi all ,
I have a pair of Fostex T-20 RPs . I bought these 10 years ago and soon found out that these are keepers..... simply beautiful sounding sweet headphones .

Since these have gained huge popularity among DIYers i also followed some modding instructions and used plasticine and felt inside as i couldnot find paxmate .
Lately i have found that the earcups and hence the speakers dont fit well on my ears . They leak from the lower poles where the ear cup sits on the jaw, and if i cup my hands on the cans and make the fit tight , they deliver that ecstatic Bass which i need.

i have opened up the cans a number of times and tried to troubleshoot the weak point and have found out that a tiny screw holds the metallic headband to the plastic frame .This screw is responsible for a more flexed angulation of the ear cups and a better fit. but somehow i am unable to fix it .The plastic socket has worn off its screw rings and the screw wont tighten up . Theres got to be a way around . Hence i ask .
i would like to know by any means if the cans fit on the ears firmly , coz I know I do head banging too when the music goes beserk. lolz.

cant get the best out of these ....
the following is also broken at the legs hence the extra wiggle and annoying rotation of the earcaps

Attachments

• slider holder fostex.jpg
    slider holder fostex.jpg
    15.5 KB · Views: 4
Back
Top Bottom