How to Upload an Image to use in my Signature

goat67

Addicted Member
I can not figure out how to upload an Image to use in my Signature can any body help.
If I try and drop an image into the edit area it says image upload not available ????

Last edited:
1. Make sure you are logged into the forum.
2. Look for your screen name in the upper right hand corner of any forum page.
3. Hover your mouse over your screen name to show edit options.
4. Click once on the "Avatar" option in the left hand column.
5. A dialog box appears with options to edit your avatar or upload a new file.
6. It has been suggested that a square image file works best - 200 x 200 pixels (or larger).

The topic of a square avatar image has been discussed recently after the forum changes. Here's a comment from member Rich P on page 5 of the thread titled
member solutions / finds on how to navigate the new AK forum software
in the AK New Format forum.

http://audiokarma.org/forums/index....-ak-forum-software.682559/page-5#post-9113825

This platform likes square avatars. You can edit the pic you originally posted to AK, in your own PC, to make it square, and re-post it. The platform will automatically reduce the size, but cannot automatically crop it square. At least 200 x 200 pixels is recommended.

If you have a non-square avatar file, you can help the platform crop to square. First, hover over your name in the upper right, and select "Your Profile Page" in the panel that pops up. You should be taken to your profile page, where you should click your avatar in the left pane. A new pop-up window will be presented that shows your original avatar image, un-cropped, in the left pane and a smaller version, cropped to square, in the right pane. Hover over the cropped square version in the right pane, and your mouse should change to a 4-pointed "move." If you then drag the image around, what you get is the cropping frame moving around in the original, non-cropped image. Position the frame where you want it and click "OK." Your avatar should now be corrected.

If your original avatar is too far off of square to be able to crop to square and include the parts you want, you will have to edit your image in your PC and re-upload it. The platform can crop as you tell it how, but cannot add space to make squares.

Try this:
4. Click once on the "Signature" option in the left hand column.
5. A dialog box appears with options to edit your signature or upload a new file.
6. Find the icon for "Image" and click it.
7. Type or paste the URL of the image you want in your signature.
8. There doesn't seem to be an option for loading an image you hard drive.

I just tried it with a pic of a cuddly wolverine I found. I will leave it up til the OP gets this sorted out.

Try this:
5. A dialog box appears with options to edit your signature or upload a new file.

I just tried it with a pic of a cuddly wolverine I found. I will leave it up til the OP gets this sorted out.

Ok thanks I just wanted to add the image I had used before with my equipment list.

Ok thanks I just wanted to add the image I had used before with my equipment list.

Looks like you will need to upload it to some image hosting site. I use Picasa (Google/Gmail) for mine, but there are a lot of others out there.

Try this:

What is the deal with not having the image option? Is this ever going to be fixed?

noopt.jpg

Rumor has it you can just drag and drop an image from your computer. In winDOHs:

- Open the sig edit screen and click the "window" icon upper right to shrink the AK window.
- Open up your local folder that has the image. Resize that as well so you can see both that and the AK window.
- Drag the image over from your local folder to the AK sig edit screen.

Or so they say ... haven't tried it myself.

Drag-n-drop works here.

But not in my sig mesage box.

Attachments

• $_57 (2).JPG
    $_57 (2).JPG
    62.3 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:
What is the deal with not having the image option? Is this ever going to be fixed?

noopt.jpg
It appears you are the bastard step child of the migration Hofy. Your profile is lacking some permissions or something in your browser is stripping code.

Aside from that....Ala like Dave said, how and with what are you accessing AK?

All you had to do was type IMG and /IMG, in square brackets, before and after the picture link, in your signature. How does it look, now?

Back
Top Bottom