Hubbell outlet question

arcamguy1

Hi group,
I ordered three Hubbell HBL5362W outlets to improve the power going to my system.
What I got from the supplier (via Amazon) were 3 HBL5362WWR outlets.

Does anybody know if the "W" model, and the "WR" model...are significantly different?

Will the "WR" model give me the power -and sound -improvement audio hobbyists see in the HBL5362W?

Thanks in advance for your help,
Jeff

You're right: the "W" is white, and these outlet are white. If anyone else has any information on the difference between the "W" and the "WR" (which is also white), chime in.

Thanks,
Jeff

WR=weather resistant.

HBL5362W

Receptacle Grade Extra Heavy Duty, Weather Resistant

HBL5362WWR

"New Weather-Resistant Duplex Receptacles
Comply with NEC 406.8(A)

These symbols appear throughout for easy identification.
All 125V and 250V, 15A and 20A receptacles shall be listed as weather resistant type per NEC Article 406.8"

"Receptacles in Damp
and Wet Locations".

Schools
Day Care Centers
Waiting Rooms
Lobbies

I now use the orange hospital grade outlets from Lowes.

Love the way it securely holds the plugs in place.

It's construction looks the same as some I paid much more for.

Poultry,
Thanks for the insight; turns out I returned the outlets; I'm waiting for Cabledyne to get more Hubbells in stock, and I'll buy from them.
Jeff

I use the orange and red Hubbells. Built them into a grey plastic outlet box that takes two duplex outlets. Works great.

I am posting as a complete skeptic. However, yesterday I replaced two receptacles that power my main stereo system. Not expecting to hear much difference, the next morning I sat down with a cup of hot coffee to peruse the news of the day. Holy Moly !!!

There was a very noticeable improvement of the music. Unsure of the "placebo effect", I called in the wife and asked her if the stereo sounded "different". Without hesitation she noted an "improvement in the music".

I used Hubbell hospital grade 20A receptacles, FWIW.

I am flabbergasted !

I'm about to install a hospital grade plug myself this afternoon. I'm just getting up the motivation to disassemble my entire audio rack to get at it...

I am posting as a complete skeptic. However, yesterday I replaced two receptacles that power my main stereo system. Not expecting to hear much difference, the next morning I sat down with a cup of hot coffee to peruse the news of the day. Holy Moly !!!

There was a very noticeable improvement of the music. Unsure of the "placebo effect", I called in the wife and asked her if the stereo sounded "different". Without hesitation she noted an "improvement in the music".

I used Hubbell hospital grade 20A receptacles, FWIW.

I am flabbergasted !
Now try a few after market power cords and observe similar effects :)

The nice thing about the hospital grade is the fact that if there is a problem or short within the receptacle the plastic will not turn itself into a bon fire. It will stay solid and not molten. It is definitely worth the extra moola. You all are talking me into doing some replacements myself. Good subject.

Back
Top Bottom