~Hugs all around~

Mojoworkin

So, lately the vintage-audio virus has come out of remission, and I am now gripped with the fever. It all started so innocently...

I went hunting for a turntable for my son at Goodwill and found a boxed Yamaha TT-400u. Still had the protector on the headshell. Also found an Onkyo TX-SR608 (no remote, HDMI circuits kaput, but otherwise, a decent hunk) and some unremarkable, but good-enough-for-now Phase Tech Euro-somethingorother floor-standing speakers. For the rest of the week, it was like a dam had burst, and I was awash in crazy-cheap deals. Klipsch Epic CF-2 (meh.) Sansui 9090db, Sansui 8080db and Klipsch Heresy's (overpaid, even before I realized they need to be recapped) A low-level Dual turntable and a curious little pair of Frazier horizontal bookshelf speakers. (one ragged cone)

I know. Weird, right?

Now, all of these have one issue or another, so now I have reason to finally dig into the world of audio gear and start learning in earnest - which is why I am coming out of occasional-lurk-mode to ask a bunch of questions and join in some conversations. .

I really appreciate this place: Low noise/high signal discussions among some really smart, enthusiastic people who are willing to share. I am very much looking forward to participating. I can't add much accumulated knowledge, but I hope I can pose some interesting questions.

Thanks again!

Last edited:
Well if your a brutha I'll accept your hugs (but watch your hands).:nono::)

I fairly much enjoy gear from vintage to modern HT and "in audio anything" seriously don't understand the comparisons of apples to oranges this and most sites can dish. (The largest draw that supports the level of use this site has are "finds" and the understanding of them.)

Looks like you've been drawn in to the slippery slope.....and enjoy! Welcome!!

Welcome, Your handle seems well deserved! Perhaps you could spread some of that mojo around. I can use a reasonably priced Yamaha B-2x right about now. lol

Back
Top Bottom