I am no longer looking!

zarek

IMG_0764.jpg IMG_4262.JPG IMG_4263.JPG IMG_4264.JPG IMG_4265.JPG IMG_4266.JPG IMG_4267.JPG IMG_4268.JPG IMG_4269.JPG IMG_4270.JPG
I have decided to post this news here first as this is the #1 Fisher forum on the net. This past week I became aware of the existence and sale of the rarest of consoles, a late 1961 model President. I promptly bought it, the pics are as found.

My collection is comprised mainly of high end Magnavox units, my most prized is a 1959 Danish CG. Since acquiring that piece a few years ago I made up my mind to not clutter the place up with any more units unless I were lucky enough to find a Fisher President or Executive. The truth is I'm not a diehard Fisher guy. I like and respect them, but have considered their lower end consoles to be high priced for what you get.

As much as I prize my high end Magnavox's I realize they pale in comparison to the collectibility, rarity, and value of the most rare Fisher's.

Let me share with you what is likely to remain the first and only Fisher in my collection. Pat

Last edited:
But what a Fisher to have in your collection!!

Congrats on finding -- and getting -- such a rare beauty!

Dave

I think that's only the 2nd whole/complete President I've seen here since this forum started.

Let me start off by saying congrats. I knew when I saw this pop up, that you were the one who needed to own it.

I mean for all the consoles you found me in just the past year, that I hope with one, we are somewhat close to even.

I will take pictures of the internals for documentation purposes and share them with everyone. I'm not going to try playing it until everything is gone through. I don't want to lose any transformers.

Good Idea! Is there a heavy paper sheet on the back with component layout and model #'s on it???

There's a collector who told me has one, said it's the only console in his home.

I've seen some of his other consoles and gear he has in storage and they're quite nice, so I believe him about the President.

Hi all,
I just added a pic of the back of the unit. It clearly shows that it has the two 100 amplifiers and not the SA300. If you look closely you will also note the original Fisher remote control is neatly stowed. It appears that the original Fisher label on the back has gone missing. I'll share better pictures once I have the unit home. I am very excited about this one :)
Pat

Last edited:
My executive didn't have the label either. Do you have an mpx behind the tape recorder? That's where I had to mount mine. Once you get it home, see if you can find the Widdicomb label.on the cabinet.

Next you'll be looking for a spacexpander and WS1 speakers...

WoW....amazing piece as a whole....and made up of many individual amazing pieces!

Those two Fisher "the 100"s in the back!!!!! Incredible!

Back
Top Bottom