I Forgot U2 was Really a Power Pop, New Wave Band

The 'Stones came full circle with their last studio record. Originally a blues/roots band, to some of the greatest rock music ever made, to some completely forgettable years (1976 and after?) to a blues band.
Yeah, love their new album, and thats all the way back to their roots covering old blues songs again.

The Who is another band that makes me wonder what the hell happened. My Generation to Squeeze Box?
A few songs I like but not a big fan.

Call me a hypocrite, as I just can't stand mixing music with politics, but Bono always seems to hit the nail on the head when speaking outside the entertainment sphere. Seems like he just loves his fellow man, warts and all.
I don't mind subtle beliefs coming out in anyones music and the kind that can really fit anyones thinking. Kinda like when they started, it was really Ireland but it reflected what some could feel worldwide and mold it into what they wanted it to represent, as was Pink Floyd. Their new album is pretty good but is a little like propaganda. And the new Rodger Waters album is junk and I don't need to hear all that when I want to relax and escape.

Call me a hypocrite, as I just can't stand mixing music with politics, but Bono always seems to hit the nail on the head when speaking outside the entertainment sphere. Seems like he just loves his fellow man, warts and all.

Yeah, it can get annoying, but at least from him I get the feeling he's just telling people how he feels, and not telling people that they are wrong and should feel the same way he does. U2 was pretty political from the get-go. I grew up in a heavily Irish Catholic neighborhood (Woodside, Queens) and U2 was pretty much what you would hear on the jukebox in the 80's when the Clubmen weren't playing.

Yeah, it can get annoying, but at least from him I get the feeling he's just telling people how he feels, and not telling people that they are wrong and should feel the same way he does. U2 was pretty political from the get-go. I grew up in a heavily Irish Catholic neighborhood (Woodside, Queens) and U2 was pretty much what you would hear on the jukebox in the 80's when the Clubmen weren't playing.
Yup Sunday Bloody Sunday was very political.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct...unday_(1972)&usg=AOvVaw3Nnh06rZSZJKMgKA1iEjow

Music is not just about relaxation and escapism, well maybe for some it is but not for the rest of humanity. Just the fact that an individual has no appreciation or use for a piece of work does not relegate said piece of work to the junk pile. Roger Waters' work is genius, acknowledge that or don't, I don't care, it makes no difference in the grand scheme of things.

Back
Top Bottom