I found a LG 32LC5DC monitor

Scifi

I'm not registered at videokarma (yet) so I'll post this here.

I found a LG 32LC5DC monitor. It was sitting outside on the street apparently as garbage to be picked up. I took it home and figured out how to make it work. One problem is everytime I turn it on I have to press the input button and then press another button until the display goes to "component" or other input I'm using. It worked with RF (channel 3), S-video and now I'm using it with component video connected via a cable to my Verizon box. I saw one on the internet for over $500. New they sold for about $733. I was riding my bike which has a basket on the front, put the monitor on top of it and walked the bike and monitor home. When I saw the monitor I figured I better pick it up quick before someone else does. The monitor area is 27 1/2" x 15 1/2"

TVRick.JPG TVpuppet.JPG

One of my TVs was purchased for $50 at a pawn shop. It was sold as-is but he said he'd give me a one day return period.

It's a 42" Sony Bravia in near perfect cosmetic condition. The only issue I can see is the HDMI 1 input was dirty and only had an intermittent connection. The other HDMIs worked immediately and #1 worked after a couple quick blasts of contact cleaner.

Every time I turn it on I have to press the input button and set it to component video which I'm using. I have to use the HDTV channels to get it to be full screen. If I change to different channels some channels don't fill the entire screen. Maybe the previous owner didn't like adusting it constantly.

I bought a remote control for it. It can turn the monitor on and off, change the source and adjust volume.

s-l1600.jpg

Back
Top Bottom