I got my airline ticket baby!! more $$ than I thought, but I am pumped!

WhiteSE

Is Lute Gluten Free??
Subscriber
Now, I need a ride from the airport to the hotel...I arrive in Detroit airport at 11:10 am...

I leave monday the 24th at 1145am...

Is there a way I can share a car rental, or someone can give me a lift?

jack,

well i cant help you with any of your requests i do wish you the best of time.have fun.

Bump...anyone coming thru the airport on sat? Free LP for whoever can pick me up...

:)

I am sorry jack but its near impossible for me to get over there to pick you up at that time on Sat. The fest will have just opened and unfortunately I will be completely tied up.

About the best I can do is ask the hotel if they can make one of their staff available to pick you up.

Grumpy

Andyman said:
Wow, then he can go sight seeing down 8 Mile and thoughout the Cass corridor. :yikes: :yikes: :yikes:

Just kidding, of course :yes:
8 Mile? UH OH!! Map Quest give us directions through there :nono: I saw the movie and not knowing where I'm going,I don't want to get in trouble finding my way to the fest.Better way anyone? I have never been up that way. I wouldn't want to stop for directions in the wrong place.I will be going up 75.

Last edited:
Dave stay north of 8mile (9Mile or higher) and you'll be fine.

If your coming up 75 you could stay on it till you hit 696 going west and come to
the fest from that side and stay clear of any of the so called bad areas.

Actually, 8 Mile is fine to drive on. It's like 4 lanes each way usually pushing 50 mph or better, but the area it goes through isn't exactly DisneyLand.

Well, maybe in some perverse way it is. I certainly consider it another world.

FWIW, coming from the Airport it may be just as fast to get off at northbound Telegraph and take it up to Nine mile and cut over. You won't wind up going way east to Downtown and then back out.

If you or anyone else is coming up North I75 Id suggest taking taking the 39 north exit. It will save you at least 1/2 hour and drop you very close to the hotel while completely bypassing most of the shit hole known as Detroit.

steveb said:
I think I would take 75 then north on 275 then east on 696 then south on greenfield

I not sure that I would do that. I-275 will be down to 1 lane, and there is construction at 696 and Southfield (m-39). I think I would take I-94 to Southfield North. See attached map. There is construction on Southfield, but at least 2 lanes are open. It's going to be a mess no matter which way you go, but some ways are messier than others.

Mark

http://mdotwas1.mdot.state.mi.us/public/construction_map/flashMap.cfm

Detroiters,

I'm traveling eastbound on I-696. What is my best option to reach the hotel? Continue on to southbound Southfield Rd (M-39) and then get back on the Lodge? Or take southbound Telegraph to 8 Mile. Man, Mdot has got things all screwed up in that area. The ramp from eastbound I-696 to southbound Lodge (M10) is closed. Conversely, the ramp from northbound Lodge to westbound I-696 is also closed.

Thanks for any help.

I am terrible direction giver but from I 75 I would take 696 to Greenfield which has one exit for both north and south. Head south ( about 1 1/2 miles ) to J L Hudson drive which is the first stoplight south of 9 mile rd. Make a right ( Only way you can go ) go past the hospital and down maybe 1/4 mile and the Hotel is on your right just before the lodge freeway.

Thanks Grumpy,

That works for me although I'm coming from the other direction (from US 23 to I-96 then straight through onto I-696).

Cheers

Back
Top Bottom