I guess it's time to try Spotify!

My understanding that is the bitrate through the CCA.

Or it may have nothing to do with it as from my experience with Spotify Connect the bitrate set on the controlling device has no bearing on the actual bitrate of the streaming device.

It's streaming directly from the network connection, not from your phone or device so that's probably true.

That why it's important to have good network speed and connection.

Last edited:
It's streaming directly from the network connection, not from your phone or device so that's probably true.

That why it's important to have good network speed and connection.

I get it. My ISP is awful. Sometimes Spotify works/sounds great, sometimes it doesn't. Problem to be resolved next week. I'll finally be able to use my Denon network AVR the way I intended to. Spotify premium and Denon's compressed audio restorer function (low setting) go hand in glove. Pretty impressive when everything is working right.

My AVR1913 stopped playing Spotify some time ago, seems Denon pulled the plug on support for it. It never supported Spotify Connect which is the way embedded Spotify clients work now. Oh well, I have a HTPC next to it so can still use Spotify through it.

Old thread, but shockingly today I found that Denon pushed out new firmware that enabled Spotify Connect on my AVR-1913. Kudos to Denon for taking care of its customers, even after a delay! This is a 6 y/o unit after all.

Which speaks that their system doesn't have a mechanism to enforce account type policy in a centralized manner. Lame. Based on what I could find with some effort you could also avoid the premium level requirement to be able to use Spotify connect.

Back
Top Bottom