I HATE deer

Funny im reading this post then I look at a recent car and driver article.Its on roadkill and research.Guess who leads the way in claims and cost paidout?If you said Penn you,d be right .By almost 250 million dollars more than the next highest.More actual claims too.Next Mich.

I LOVE deer. Mmmmmm they are delicious.

I had a close call here in PA at dusk. I was driving on a highway that had a cliff along one side and a river on the other. The deer was on the other side of the guard rail. I didn't see it. Just as I approached it leaped out in front of me. I slammed on the brakes and came within inches of it. It froze on the spot for a few seconds and then took off for the river.

We live in the 'burbs. Several friends that live in the country/mountains have a device on the front of their car that send out a frequency or something, Not sure if it is effective.

Funny im reading this post then I look at a recent car and driver article.Its on roadkill and research.Guess who leads the way in claims and cost paidout?If you said Penn you,d be right .By almost 250 million dollars more than the next highest.More actual claims too.Next Mich.
Yeah, they're particularly bad here in MI. I'm pretty sure they are still over-populated here. When I lived across town, I used to see them a lot more. Our street followed the Lower Rouge River, with the neighbors across the street backing up to it. (They have it designated as protected wetlands.) Once saw a deer standing right in someone's backyard over there. I wouldn't even want them near my property, what with the deer ticks and lyme disease being present.

I live a little West of Kansas City. Deer are everywhere. Just varmints to me. I have hit two of them. One in my "Classic" 72 Chevy pickup. And one with my 2004 Silverado SS (when it was one week old), I hate them, too. But, I do enjoy the sausage and jerky from them.

Or people!!

We put helmets on people, although here in Florida some of the extremely dumb ones are removing the helmets and doing mother nature's job for her. But yeah, you'd think after 50 years of cars and roads there would be some kind of evolutionary shift that makes "road savvy" deer. Maybe they are just more skittish than they used to be?

They sure are delicious!

I hit a doe last fall driving around Baltimore MD on route 695. 3-4 lanes wide with a 6+ ft center median. I had the option of hitting the median, a tractor trailer (I'm in the left lane) next to me. I stood on the brakes and the dumb doe runs right into my drivers side head light and grill at 60 MPH. Thankfully I didn't get hurt but $5K later (insurance covered all but my deductible) my car is functional but not 100%. I am born and raised in PA and the deer population is SO out of control.

I am absolutely livid right now. The second time I drive my truck after I get it running right, I hit a ****ing deer.:mad:

Not a fan, a true nuisance animal. My wife went out to do a quick errand years back, pre-cellphone. After 90 minutes I am wondering where she was as we'd planned to go out later. When she got home I could not believe the police let her drive vehicle. Her hood & driver's side fender dented, windshield cracked on top corner, all driver's side windows taken out and roof dented. A buck had run across the street into her, got up and ran back across road where it was hit again. Somehow 2 other cars ran into each other and someone else skidded over it and it was stuck under their car. Wife not hurt, shaken up badly though.

/jackpot

I live in Michigan in deer central. I've almost hit them in my driveway. A long time ago a doe ran into the side of my 3 week old truck, did $3k in damage, got up and ran away. I let my friends hunt, and they take a few deer every year. I've had herds of 20+ go across my front yard. There's always deer carcasses on the side of the road. Deer definitely suck to hit.

Deer Ground Zero. My daughter went to school in PA. Every time down, there were deer corpses everywhere or live ones blasting across the road every few minutes.

Delaware County PA can't even have much in the of flowers, shrubs, etc. Damn deer destroy like a plague of locusts. Oh and there are a lot of people who think having them around is "cute". PA has like 10x the population of deer now then in the 18th century I've read someplace.

Delaware County PA can't even have much in the of flowers, shrubs, etc. Damn deer destroy like a plague of locusts. Oh and there are a lot of people who think having them around is "cute". PA has like 10x the population of deer now then in the 18th century I've read someplace.

There several secluded through streets on the way into my neighborhood and all border large tracks of heavily forested land. Some nights coming home I will see 8-10. It isn't all year, some months way worst than others. At one point the town published info on the estimated number of deer infesting our boundaries. I don't recall the exact amount but it was enough for an HFS! outburst. Turkeys are the other road obstacle but you rarely see one hit. They just sort of mill around in the street then walk back into the woods when cars approach. They don't do it the other way around.

Next up for bloody nuisances is going to be wild pigs!Pigs should be unlimited bag amount and in problem deer states 10?Ive noticed up here in Canada theres less hunters every year.

Next up for bloody nuisances is going to be wild pigs!Pigs should be unlimited bag amount and in problem deer states 10?Ive noticed up here in Canada theres less hunters every year.
Hunting seems a father-to-son handed down interest, one that doesn't necessarily carry as it did not work out with myself and two brothers.

Back
Top Bottom