I have arrived...

0Hz

And I hope to learn some stuff.

I stole my user name from a thread about someone looking for a 0hz subwoofer

From just outside of Madison Wisconsin.

I have a Pioneer SX-636 on the way from the ebays because all the more powerful models look ugly and I had one growing up (lost track of it after we moved out here ugh) :blah: going to pair it with my Audio Technica AT-LP120-USB (admittedly half my vinyl is video game OSTs that aren't really analog to begin with) and maybe see how it sounds running through my PC since I've got some neat stuff going on there too.

From just outside of Madison Wisconsin.

I have a Pioneer SX-636 on the way from the ebays because all the more powerful models look ugly

I agree with ya, I prefer the cosmetics of the blue dials and meters.

Welcome to AK.

Reactions: 0Hz
I agree with ya, I prefer the cosmetics of the blue dials and meters.

Welcome to AK.

I really like how it looks in the dark. I was never a fan of the silver faced later models. Although the 727 would be close if it had the same knobs as the 636. What turns me off most on the later series models is the toggle levers. I hate them, they look ugly and cheap I prefer simple push buttons and dials I guess.

Welcome from a WI native too. Wondering if the SX-780 is on your "ugly" list. It was my first "authentic" receiver.

S.J.

Welcome from a WI native too. Wondering if the SX-780 is on your "ugly" list. It was my first "authentic" receiver.

S.J.

I don't like the look of the silver face receivers, I like the black face, blue lighting. I tend to like dark colors and blue is my favorite color so its a natural fit.
The biggest hang up on the later models is those god awful toggle switches. They look terrible and completely alien to me. I like the aesthetic of the rounded knobs on the 636 as well as the push buttons.
I will say that I wish the 636 had VU meters but you can't win everything.

What city or are you in the country / Dane County somewhere?
Love that whole area. I grew up in Elroy, which is very small town about 90 min north of Madison between Tomah and Mauston. Moved to KC in 2014.
I work with an engineer from Tehran who visited Madison for work and said he really liked it too.

I don't like the look of the silver face receivers, I like the black face, blue lighting. I tend to like dark colors and blue is my favorite color so its a natural fit.
The biggest hang up on the later models is those god awful toggle switches. They look terrible and completely alien to me. I like the aesthetic of the rounded knobs on the 636 as well as the push buttons.
I will say that I wish the 636 had VU meters but you can't win everything.

UV meters are fun to watch. My preference is silver-faced but it depends. Both black and silver have there moments. I have a Mac C26 that's black-faced with green lighting. I wish you good luck with your receiver when it arrives.

S.J.

Reactions: 0Hz
Back
Top Bottom