I have turned on image resizing in posts

Wardsweb

Behind The Curtain
Staff member
Admin
This means you can still link pictures in your posts, but when you view it, it will be resized to a maximum of 50% of the content area. If you click on the picture, it will open to full size.

So photos will not be the size of the page anymore?

Lets see

IMG_1919_zpsf7b8d069.jpg

Last edited:
I get it Carl was whining today because of antiquated computers will not load pages fast with images.

People really need to upgrade their computers around here.

I'll just say that image doesn't look good that size, yeah I know you can pop it up bigger but on a page it doesn't look good.

Here we're getting a site with a bunch of power and going though all these changes. Then you have a few with week computers not wanting you to use it.

Last edited:
The photos posted look very small now. I don't care for it at all. I would keep them the same size as on the SH forum to be uniform. They have them set-up the proper way.

The decade old Show Us Your Turntable thread must look like crapy now.

Any time we want a good view of a image we have to pop it up because Carl's computer is low on power? How many members do we have here?

Hell radioactive image in his signature is larger than that.

Last edited:
BTW when you enlarge it, it's far far to big and you can't see the image without scrolling around and getting partial views.

The photo/ camera threads look like poo poo, as does cars and everything we have here that visual impack matters.

Why?

Last edited:
I really don't understand all wards web did was make the initial thumb Or picture take up the whole post where as before you'd have to scroll left to right to read the text.now it's a good size image and if you want to see the full image click on it

I get it Carl was whining today because of antiquated computers will not load pages fast wth images.

People really need to upgrade their computers around here.

I'll just say that image doesn't look good that size, yeah I know you can pop it up bigger but on a page it doesn't look good.

Here we're getting a site with a bunch of power and going though all these changes. Then you have a few with week computers not wanting you to use it.
Jumping to conclusions Huh? Carl never said he had a slow computer or was on dial up as you concluded.he just was making a statement that might help fellow ak members out or even himself

I really don't understand all wards web did was make the initial thumb Or picture take up the whole post where as before you'd have to scroll left to right to read the text.now it's a good size image and if you want to see the full image click on it

Whenever I would post photos from my photobucket they would fill the page without breaking any side borders. I understand when someone post a 1200x 1500 photo and the image pushes the boaders out and if it's really bad most people delet it or get asked to.

I have been running around this site saying how good the image quality looks now, they pop and look 3D with great clarity. Now like I said they have no impack and every photo you want to see has to be enlarged like a thumb nail. When I enlarged mine it's to big to even see the cropped borders. In other words it's to small on the page to see and to large to view when exspanded.
The way it was, it fit the page borders great, and when exspaned to full screen it was perfect. The image set up should have never been touched, and then it was for ONE PERSONS COMPLAINT.

Jumping to conclusions Huh? Carl never said he had a slow computer or was on dial up as you concluded.he just was making a statement that might help fellow ak members out or even himself
He was complaing early today and said he did not like it as it makes his computer slow. Then he mentioned other members might have a problem also. I have been reading and trying to help people work this new site not one person has mentioned images being to big, well carl did today.I'll link you to the post as it's just an assumtion.

Now we have a site here that's big into showing gear, cars and photography, visual imaging is very important for all of that.

Last edited:
I still haven't figured out how to turn off the hotlinked "pixel bomb" pics unless you choose to click the link, very, very, very disappointed at this. I will get used to the rest and will come to like it maybe?

Dunno, I'm 61 FWIW, Hotlinked pictures are stored on outside venues and unless you are signed in and have a ton of bandwidth available they do not necessarily load easily making the post you are trying to read jump all over the place and then fill your screen with a photo you could care less about.

The really bad part is that some AKers still use dial-up internet services. These people may not be able to use the site at all without pictures disabled feature like the old software had..

This is what I'm talking about, thread after thread no one I meen no one has complained about image size.

In fact I was shock when I first saw the site but I haven't faulted anyone and rolled with all the changes learning and teaching others. Standing by the change and eveything they have needed to do.

This is a huge mistake messing with the imaging though.
My stance is firmly against the adjustment made and should be reverted.
I think if you asked the other 198,000 members to vote on it this move would get voted down.

Last edited:
i really dont understand ?the picture you posted in this thread looks fine to me with good detail nothing lost even as it is without dlicking on it to enlarge it.whe i enlarge it i get a good detailed picture tha fills my screen.not sure what the problem is.

i really dont understand ?the picture you posted in this thread looks fine to me with good detail nothing lost even as it is without dlicking on it to enlarge it.whe i enlarge it i get a good detailed picture tha fills my screen.not sure what the problem is.
I zoomed my screen so I can see text as it's very small as everyone has complants about. It's one of the first things I did to make the site readable and comfortable as did many others. Right now @ 100 % the posted image looks the same size but text is very small if I zoom the image it's fine. However if I go back to 150% zoom I can read and type but the expanded image will be huge. This will be the case with a lot of people all for one opinion and asumsion that a adjustment needed to be made.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom