I have turned on image resizing in posts

For the umthing time...at this new site the images where already no bigger than the masage box. This is the size they should be for a aesthetically good view.

This can be proved by quoting your post, this bike fits perfect in the mesage box and not destorting the page

Piror to the change all images would fit the mesage box if thay where big and when expanded view was used, it was full screen and fit.

Now we have images that are reduced to 50% of the mesage box and in expanded view they blow up larger than "Full Screen"

That motor cycle can not be viewed expanded it's blows up way to big. So in other words both views options as set now suck.

BTW you should be civil here, you are not at PC where you can freely drop insults.

My not so thinly veiled attempt at an insult has nothing to do with the fact that you disapprove of the new picture posting format as it does the fact that you keep posting the same negative comments over and over. You have 20 posts already in a 60 post thread that all pretty much take slightly differing approaches as to how much you hate it, and the childish supposition that this was all brought about because Carl requested it. I would assume that the decision was made before Carl ever posted. It reminds me of a toddler wanting whatever he wants and refusing to drop it until he gets his way or gets a time out or a spanking. I intentionally put a large picture in my post to see if it expanded the picture to a certain predetermined size, but it looks to keep it original size. I belong to other forums that use the picture resizing in pretty much the same way. If you want to see large pictures or try to point out small flaws in an item you can make the pictures as large as you want. If you don't want to have pictures that big, it is up to the poster to make sure the original is of a preset size that will fit the page.

My not so thinly veiled attempt at an insult has nothing to do with the fact that you disapprove of the new picture posting format as it does the fact that you keep posting the same negative comments over and over. You have 20 posts already in a 60 post thread that all pretty much take slightly differing approaches as to how much you hate it, and the childish supposition that this was all brought about because Carl requested it. I would assume that the decision was made before Carl ever posted. It reminds me of a toddler wanting whatever he wants and refusing to drop it until he gets his way or gets a time out or a spanking. I intentionally put a large picture in my post to see if it expanded the picture to a certain predetermined size, but it looks to keep it original size. I belong to other forums that use the picture resizing in pretty much the same way. If you want to see large pictures or try to point out small flaws in an item you can make the pictures as large as you want. If you don't want to have pictures that big, it is up to the poster to make sure the original is of a preset size that will fit the page.

With an avatar like yours "trouble makers union" it is a bit difficult to know when your serious or just out to make trouble.:D

How do I join? Any dues? Will there be cookies at the meetings?? <G>

Alrighty then....enough time passed to burp this one back up? :sheepish:

I laid low weighing in on this issue from getgo cause I knew everything was a general 'poke n' stab' mechanically on the back end and aesthetically on the front end. Luther was/is/has been run ragged. He deserved space--still does.

So consider this re-gurge post as simply a rejuvenated bookmark for future consideration. With 20+ days under our respective belts and open nerves now somewhat chilled with regard to the image "auto-resize/limit" feature, I vote to turn it off and let XenForo's inherent nature take it's course. Aesthetically, @4-2-7 is dead nuts right on about not limiting images to 50% of the post body.

By design, 100% of column works nice across the board user agent/platform wise. :thumbsup:

Unless it has some bearing on the server load balance wise...to me this option is an answer in search of a problem. :idea:

Back
Top Bottom