I have two systems. They are lovely.

DCH

My main system:

N93MqWj.jpg

Thorens TD-125 MkII paired with a Pioneer SX-737 and a Fully Analog Stanley, which plays through:

908WpHM.jpg

6noJDRj.jpg

A pair of KLH Model 6 speakers that unfortunately will NEVER be recapped because apparently I bought the very early kind that has literally everything epoxied in. But hell, they sound really good and will continue to do so until they die or explode or the Fully Analog Stanley discovers how good the burlap feels on his claws.

Incidentally, this pic is a bit outdated, as the speakers are now on the far side of the room (where the Kallax full of records is in pic 2) on either side of my fireplace. This is my man cave, and my main listening location. Just imagine them on either side of the fireplace here:

f27oswT.jpg

If you care, the CD player is an old '90's Sony single-disc dealie - CDP-397. It's just like the one I had back in middle school and was ten bucks. There's also an Echo Dot running through the tape 1 input of the Pioneer.

My Second System:

This lives on my (climate-controlled, don't worry) four-seasons porch. This photo is also slightly outdated... I'll explain though:

cxXqtsI.png

The table is a JVC QL-F4. I have a love-hate relationship with it. The (very reputable) repair shop swears up and down that it keeps speed and has tested it for hours upon hours. I think it sounds warbly sometimes and don't particularly care for the sound when that happens.

Speakers are KEF 103.2s that have been fully recapped and the protection circuit bypassed. They sound amazing. Rosewood. I love them. Honestly, the only reason they're not down with the main setup is that the KLH's are too damned big for the space on the porch.

CD player is another old '90's Sony I got cheap, can't remember the model offhand but it's fine. There's an Echo Dot out here too.

Now, the outdated part of this picture is the receiver. You see here a Harmon/Kardon AVR20. That's been replaced. When I got the Pioneer, my little Hitachi SR-600 became the main sun porch receiver and the HK is going back to the friend who lent it to me.

Here's a pic of the Hitachi back when it was driving the mancave:

qiz64O2.jpg

I love this little beastie. Nothing special, not particularly powerful, but it's fairly unique (I haven't seen many Hitachi receivers in general and certainly not this one specifically), it's recapped, it's clean, and it makes beautiful sound. I wouldn't trust it to fill a banquet hall or anything, but my house has a decided lack of banquet halls, so c'est la vie.

Anyways... that's-a my systems. I hope they pass AK muster.

Good for you. I mean, it's lovely when you can enjoy what you have for why it's there - to enjoy music.
Things get complicated when one starts looking for issues and starts searching for new gear and worries how they will work together and how the system will be improved.
I love the Thorens TT. Classy!

Reactions: DCH
Nicely done, sir! I especially love the main system, and your photos are great.

Fully Analog Stanley, huh? Love it!

Thank you for sharing.

Nice systems....show me your third one!:biggrin:
Well, I'm working on my first semi-in-depth restoration of this Pioneer PL-530 that would maybe kinda/sorta be my third?

VRpewUS.png

And my very first system ended up becoming my friends' main system (still mine, on indefinite loan), which is:

AujPhkK.jpg

JVC L-A100 (replaced the belt and cartridge, my first ever super-simple repair!), a Harman/Kardon AVR20 and a pair of Fisher XP20 speakers that I recapped.

I also briefly had and sold for what I initially paid a Garrard Type A MkII:

H7Aa9xz.jpg

and a U-Turn Orbit Basic:

22h7NZf.jpg

It's been a learning process finding what I like and what I want. Luckily I've got friends with records who will buy or borrow my excess stuff so my wife doesn't get too mad at all the neat things coming through the house.

Nice vintage systems. Love your mid century room and your Wassily chairs. I had a pair of them too when we had the modern theme, and was mercilessly ridiculed on this forum saying our house looked like a dentist office. Shows how some folks depth for anything artistic runs shallow. Anyway enjoy your cozy place and great gear.

Nice vintage systems. Love your mid century room and your Wassily chairs. I had a pair of them too when we had the modern theme, and was mercilessly ridiculed on this forum saying our house looked like a dentist office. Shows how some folks depth for anything artistic runs shallow. Anyway enjoy your cozy place and great gear.
Thanks! Gotta admit though, those Wassily chairs make my butt go numb if I sit in them for more than a few minutes. Look great though.

Back
Top Bottom