I just dont get it

Yes. Three albums before Romantic Warrior. It's called "Hymn to the 7th Galaxy," and is the first electric Return to Forever release. Same band line-up but it's pre-DiMeola, and a guy named Bill Connors smokes on the guitar. Lenny White never got enough credit. He's ambidextrous like Cobham, I liked his style better than Cobham's, and he looked A-1 sharp with that Zorro hat on.

Almond, Toasted/MSgt, USAF

Yes. Three albums before Romantic Warrior. It's called "Hymn to the 7th Galaxy," and is the first electric Return to Forever release. Same band line-up but it's pre-DiMeola, and a guy named Bill Connors smokes on the guitar. Lenny White never got enough credit. He's ambidextrous like Cobham, I liked his style better than Cobham's, and he looked A-1 sharp with that Zorro hat on.

Yeah, that's the RTF band I like the best. Saw them in Boston many years ago, What a show! Agree on Bill Connors, his playing blew me away that night.
Whatever happened to him, haven't heard from him since?

WOW...I made it through this thread!!!!there was so much here to reply to but by the time you get to the end you forgot what they were ...

But for the most part y'all made your point well...and those posts from thatch ..and beatlefred..and vinyl hanger...and so on...just made my day..I know how you feel ...I was there also...there was so much more in the music back in the day...

These kids today dont know what missed...but then again they have their own things that are happinin'now.. as David Bowie Says in one of his songs...."And these children that you spit on ,as they try to change their worlds..are immune to your consultations..their quite aware of what their going through...Changes...)...they have their stuff and we have ours.....

And all the bickerin' about how "my band is better than your band"..well thats true too...my band is better than your band....and dont you forget it...just kiddin'..its all personal preference...you dont like zep...well thats fine..I dont like metalica. And you dont like smooth jazz..well I dont like pop...its all relative..

And Johnny....The B52s....YEA...right on dude!! I dont care what anybody says about them...Kate Pierson is still a hottie......I love those Lusty ,busty Redheads LOL

Back
Top Bottom