I LOVE IT WHEN THAT HAPPENS!! another fun thread

Finding that parking spot downtown RIGHT in front of where you wanted to go!

Last edited:
When the moment of truth to power on the amp you've just worked on arrives, and the dim bulb tester lights up then goes dim. Hell Yeah!

For me HELL YAH was when I found a pair of Sennheizer HD 650's on sale for only two hundred bones including tax and shipping. Breaking in an Onkyo C 7030 turned into HELL YAH like real fast as I had no idea a CD player could ever sound this good. I just wish that more people that have gone through so much could have HELL YAH moments also...

I LOVE it, when my audio tech calls me, (way after his shop closes on a Sat.) and tells me my amp is good to go, (home).

I just love it when I am sitting in my boat with the dog and halibut pole with bated hook 50 feet below, just above the sea floor, sitting right over my favorite spot. On good days it isn't too long and yank! My dog starts whining cuz he KNOWS what is coming to the surface! :jump:
View attachment 889221
Did you remember to chalk an X on the side of the boat so you can find the same spot again? :rflmao::rflmao::rflmao:

Looking out the back window and seeing the blackbird that stands on the tool shed in the morning is back again looking in at me, waiting for me to feed him and his buddies.

Did you remember to chalk an X on the side of the boat so you can find the same spot again? :rflmao::rflmao::rflmao:
My GPS chart plotter gets me right in there every time, but it would have been a lot more difficult in the old days I suppose. It is an undersea knoll of sorts that rises from 300 feet to 50 feet depth and the halibut seem to like the sloping ground. I found this particular spot by looking for these undersea knolls in the noaa charts..

My GPS chart plotter gets me right in there every time, but it would have been a lot more difficult in the old days I suppose. It is an undersea knoll of sorts that rises from 300 feet to 50 feet depth and the halibut seem to like the sloping ground. I found this particular spot by looking for these undersea knolls in the noaa charts..
I was thinking about the joke about Pat and Mick fishing and when they had a good catch, Pat chalked an X on the side of the boat and mick asked him why he did that and he said " it's so we can find this spot again" :D

Quadman, you had some great ones! hi*ball, I too love when a parking spot magically opens.

This thread will make you realize how magical life can be, if we only stop sulking and whining and observe.

The older I get, the more I believe - Perspective Is Paramount.

Quadman, you had some great ones! hi*ball, I too love when a parking spot magically opens.

This thread will make you realize how magical life can be, if we only stop sulking and whining and observe.

The older I get, the more I believe - Perspective Is Paramount.

I hear ya...and thanks, OJ.:thumbsup:

Guess we do get swept up in a negative moment that goes on way too long, and it starts to even effect our health/POV. Some stress is good as it can motivate, but too much for too long is like pressing the gas pedal to the floor being in neutral and not going anywhere.

Suffer a loss of a loved one, or contact some serious ailment and it often takes this to really appreciate what we were intended to do and that is to savour the time that we have to enjoy life.

Damn...starting to sound like I know:confused: what I'm writing about, eh?

Q

Well stated, Quad. :thumbsup:

Just this morning, I dropped my bread in the toaster, and instead of it coming out either raw or black (toasters lie, you know) it came out this beautiful shade of tan, browned ever so perfectly.

Then my pseudo-butter (omega 3 safflower or some such, tastes amazing) went on perfectly, and the coffee was just right. Not too strong, not too weak, and sweetened perfectly.

Man, how I love it when that happens.

A most excellent bit about toasters and showers by the great Eddie Izzard.

Well stated, Quad. :thumbsup:

Just this morning, I dropped my bread in the toaster, and instead of it coming out either raw or black (toasters lie, you know) it came out this beautiful shade of tan, browned ever so perfectly.

Then my pseudo-butter (omega 3 safflower or some such, tastes amazing) went on perfectly, and the coffee was just right. Not too strong, not too weak, and sweetened perfectly.

Man, how I love it when that happens.

A most excellent bit about toasters and showers by the great Eddie Izzard.

Small expectations=great satisfactions. Some one great in the past MUST have already written this, eh?:rflmao:

Q

Not to sound corny, but magic in this world is hidden all around us.

Sadly, most 'heads, thinkers, and dreamers already know this. I shall quote one of my favorite song lines, sung by Willie Nelson (written by Steven Fromholz)

"....been days when it pleased me.....to be on my knees.......following ants, as they crawled across the ground."

Not to sound corny, but magic in this world is hidden all around us.

Sadly, most 'heads, thinkers, and dreamers already know this. I shall quote one of my favorite song lines, sung by Willie Nelson (written by Steven Fromholz)

"....been days when it pleased me.....to be on my knees.......following ants, as they crawled across the ground."

And they (the ants) in turn must have thought..."Why in the h### is that guy spying on us?" It's all in the POV.:)

Q

Last edited:
When I watch my five grown children at a family gathering. They tease and joke and there is a magic when you know of the love they have for each other and the joy of being together again. I could live forever in those moments.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom