I LOVE IT WHEN THAT HAPPENS!! another fun thread

When I watch my five grown children at a family gathering. They tease and joke and there is a magic when you know of the love they have for each other and the joy of being together again. I could live forever in those moments.

When we depart this mortal coil, that is the manner in which we do truly live forever (in the minds of those who knew and loved us).

You sound blessed, Bob.

Looking out the back window and seeing the blackbird that stands on the tool shed in the morning is back again looking in at me, waiting for me to feed him and his buddies.

When our bird feeder is empty the birds sit on it and the arm it hangs from. They squawk up a storm while facing our house. They know the source of their bounty.

-Dave

I've been feeding the smaller Red Squirrels every day for about 12 yrs Summer or Winter feeding them Stripped Sunflower seeds @ the rate of 50 lbs per month or so(Water during the Summer also).Funny that it is each time they get low they sit there at the feeders and make all kinds of noises till I restock them up.Not unusual for at least 10 or more to be waiting:)

The "dumb" animals are not as dumb as we think.

-Dave

And don't assume because they don't speak English (or any other language) that they don't have excellent communication skills.

A tree attacked by a fungus or predator sends out a chemical to warn other trees to prepare for attack. Sometimes, they create their own biological defenses, or attract other living things they can recruit to save themselves.

We are only one shade of Nature's color spectrum, and hardly shine the brightest, depending on one's perspective.

And don't assume because they don't speak English (or any other language) that they don't have excellent communication skills.

A tree attacked by a fungus or predator sends out a chemical to warn other trees to prepare for attack. Sometimes, they create their own biological defenses, or attract other living things they can recruit to save themselves.

We are only one shade of Nature's color spectrum, and hardly shine the brightest, depending on one's perspective.

Well stated! I agree completely. As a species, we're not always that impressive.

-Dave

I was thinking the same thing, and I can add to that The car begins pulling out of that space just as I approach .
Ah! Life is truly good.

Just as long as they see you in the rear view mirror as one didn't the other day and darn near hit me backing up! Didn't look and backed up way too much and way too fast. I just held me breath.:rolleyes:

Close but no cigar.

Q

Here ya go!

sunflowers-cats.jpg

I love it when this happens.

I had an appointment with my eye surgeon today in a town about 30 miles from where we live. The trip is about 98% freeway driving, and I was raised around here, so I know all of the roads.

After my appointment, we took one of the side streets to get back to the freeway to head home. It was about 3:45, so school was out and alot of people were starting to get off work, so traffic was fairly heavy. I clip right along, but keep it legal on this particular side street, because it's still in town. Cars were riding on my @$$, as well as the others who were driving sensibly.

There were three or four cars I was watching in my rear view mirror, weaving in and out of traffic to get ahead of everyone else. I effed with them a bit, then finally gave them the chance to get around. When we finally got to the on ramp, they all made the turn. I was just getting ready to follow when the wife hollered, "Oh crap, look at the freeway!" It was a parking lot. An emergency vehicle passed us a few miles back with lights and siren, so I assume there was a wreck on the freeway. That ain't a good thing at the beginning of the rush hour. I hadn't made the turn, so I went straight and headed for a back road to take us around. The best part - from that on ramp to the next off ramp is about 6 miles, with nothing but river on the side, so there's no escape from the traffic jam.

Those idiots who were in such a big hurry are probably still sitting in their cars right now. We took about a 5 mile detour, but are home safe and sound.

Last edited:
Got a few quirky happy events that I can share that others, who I'm sure who also relate to for the most part.

I love it when I:

can get that very last bit of toothpaste out of the tube with Herculian effort, knowing there ain't anymore in the house.

can drill dead centre into a broken bolt and get the eazy off into it, and can take the bolt out.

can hook up a three way sensor system and it works, first time around.

I print out that last paper, and there's no more to be had in the tray.

I catch the only fish in the group!

I find out I did program the PVR to catch my fav series/game that I forgot was on.

my sheltie comes over and he licks my hand for no good reason, then lays down on my feet.

Life is good:) whenever any of the above occur.

Q

Last edited:
can get that very last bit of toothpaste out of the tube with Herculian effort, knowing there ain't anymore in the house.
There's always a little more left. Same deal when I run out of a tube of paint- that's just the beginning of its 'second life'

I hate it when I lose my car key, but I love it when I find it right away - like two days ago, I took my morning walk, and on the way back spotted a car key on the sidewalk. It was a good thing I followed the same route back home, because I had a hole in my pocket, and it was my car key!

Reminded me of the times I'm alert enough to look up before getting on the highway and see it stopped bumper to bumper. Then I just take the back way.
I'm close to done with my working existence so I don't need a job where I have to commute on the highway. I've even just changed my route because the main road has too many dang ruts. I only drive smooth roads now.

Reminded me of the times I'm alert enough to look up before getting on the highway and see it stopped bumper to bumper. Then I just take the back way.
I'm close to done with my working existence so I don't need a job where I have to commute on the highway. I've even just changed my route because the main road has too many dang ruts. I only drive smooth roads now.

That's a good place to be in life! :) :thumbsup:

Back
Top Bottom