i need a new usb hub

crazy eights

Bad Moon Bopster
i'm researching for a decent usb hub to use for my external storage hdds, preferably 4 port, the ones i have been using seem to work poorly after some time (they get sluggish and unreliable), i don't know if i should use a powered or non powered unit, i am basically interested in suggestions from people who use and have found a reliable unit that they are pleased with over a reasonably long term

is there one that you know to be high quality that you like?

i am open to suggestions and would appreciate your opinions

i use foobar for playback and it feeds into a schiit stack consisting of an eiter to a modi multibit

i am using seagate 4tb drives, i have a brand new WD external that i want to use for a back up but don't want to start transfer until i find a better hub

thanks in advance for any and all suggestions

Are you currently using a powered hub? That is the way to go, it doesn't draw power from the computer.

Anker brand seems popular with computer musicians I know. Targus and Belkin not so much.

When you get the new hub get a hard disk benchmark utility and check the transfer rates.

+1 on Anker. I have one of their USB 3 hubs on my laptop that my 4TB MyBook feeds Audio & Video files thru. No issues. It has power switches for each port which is nice when I want to shut something off but I don't want to pull the USB plug on it.

Mark Gosdin

i wound up getting one of these, after several weeks use it has proved to do the trick, functioning very nicely

17-404-148-03.jpg

Back
Top Bottom