I went and did it- PA-5000 *pics

WOW! The drool factor is off the scale! I really like the clean lines and the engineering behind the TA. Combined with the 590 is just over the top.

How many nights did you put yourself to sleep by thinking about how you were gonna put them together? I must say that your planning certainly paid off - Congratulations on another successful project.

Enjoy the sounds and the view - - -

looks era correct on that table. It would look weird on an old Throens or an Ariston like mine.

Beautiful setup you have there.

just to add to this thread,ive just bought one of these tonearms for my plc-590.
im hoping its a good upgrade from my zeta.

Just a quick question on mounting the arm. If the effective length is 250mm and the overhang is 14mm, would the pivot to spindle distance then be 236mm?

I think I am correct but want another opinion. I have searched and can't seem to find the manual or anything else that states what it should be.
Your armboard looks fantastic, really nice match to the original armboard. I have just bought a pa 5000 for my plc590, can you tell how you worked out the dimensions and centering for yours? It would be a great help will help give birth to another 5000/590 combo

There was a couple nicks I had to sand out since I got the aluminum from work. That was my biggest mistake. It took me a couple hours of sanding to get them out. That sucked.

I was hoping you were going to make it up to Aaron's. I wanted to see if you could bring one of your step ups with (if you still have any) and see what kind of difference it would make.

Denny I realize this is an older thread
Just purchased a PLC 590 with SME arm.
I really want Pa 5000. Will the sound upgrade be worth it?

Denny I realize this is an older thread
Just purchased a PLC 590 with SME arm.
I really want Pa 5000. Will the sound upgrade be worth it?
Looks like Denny hasn’t been on since 2015 , might want to start a thread with your question, someone might be able to help you. Good luck.

Audiofreak71

Back
Top Bottom