ID These?

Todd MacDona

AK Subscriber
Subscriber
Very heavy 2 way bookshelf. Maybe a 6" woofer. No marks on the back and the badges and grills have been painted over. I thought maybe Speakerlab? Then one badge almost looked like it said Cizek? Probably more like Joe's White Van Speaker Corp,
But, they do sound fine. Will try to pull a woofer and tweeter for marks later tonight.

Attachments

• IMG_1773[1].JPG
    IMG_1773[1].JPG
    57 KB · Views: 143
  • IMG_1774[1].JPG
    IMG_1774[1].JPG
    51.9 KB · Views: 128
  • IMG_1775[1].JPG
    IMG_1775[1].JPG
    34.4 KB · Views: 131
  • IMG_1776[1].JPG
    IMG_1776[1].JPG
    80.7 KB · Views: 145
  • IMG_1777[1].JPG
    IMG_1777[1].JPG
    69 KB · Views: 138
After reading the bio, it looks like you may have something. In the link bigx5murf posted there is a brief history about the engineer and his career. From what is written they should sound pretty nice.

I dunno man, the first badge pic looks like a big black C on the left that is over top of the other lettering, and the second looks like a light colored C behind the other lettering. They don't look the same. Anyway the second seems to say L-A-R to me, and if that's a C at the left, then you have CLAR which rings no bells for me. Although it is German for 'clear'.

Actually the last pic doesn't look like a C, it looks like an ohm symbol. Look at the bottom left of the symbol, it doesn't continue around the bottom but turns to the left like an ohm symbol.

I could almost believe that the second to last badge says Ohm too. Two different badges but both seem associated with Ohm.

I dunno man, the first badge pic looks like a big black C on the left that is over top of the other lettering, and the second looks like a light colored C behind the other lettering. They don't look the same. Anyway the second seems to say L-A-R to me, and if that's a C at the left, then you have CLAR which rings no bells for me. Although it is German for 'clear'.
That'd be klar. :)

Those are LAR Speakers, made in Niagara Falls NY. Larry Kutner has made commercial systems for bars, clubs, athletic clubs and restaurants since the late 70's or early 80's. He is still in business doing amplification, controls and speakers.
His webpage is http://www.laraudio.com
No affiliation except I grew up in NF,NY and have been impressed with his products and their performance since I was sneaking into bars when in high school. I also have a set of his 3 way bookshelf speakers. People are stunned at the sound coming from these little beasts. I take a photo tonight.

Back
Top Bottom