If the Music Industry were smart...

BlackSwamp

Previously DingusBoy
Wouldn't it behoove (I love that word) them to reinvent vinyl as the sonically superior medium that it is?

CD's should be the replacement of cassettes, a traveling option.

It seems they have resisted the increased interest in vinyl instead of endorsing it.

Let Thor burn all the MP3's he wants, that's what I say!

Hey, I just listened to digitally remastered vinyl. A guy can dream can't he?

The whole music/movie burning thing is getting a bit confusing lately. Do they want us to or not. I was watching an ad for one of the new DVD satellite receiver/burners and they were all over the fact that you can record your favorite shows, ie. movies and watch them whenever you want. Of course at the last instant they made a big deal about how you can also record your old home video's on DVD which is what they tell you most folks will do? I wish they would make up thier minds.

When the VCR was first released to the consumer market, Walt Disney corporation tried to sue Sony for abetting copyright infrigement. After several years of litigation, it was determined that recording devices were legal to use for "time-shifting" and personal use...the main stipulation of personal use being that it was not used for profit.
I'm not a copyright law expert (and in this day and age wouldn't want to be one) but my understanding is if you record a TV show and watch it at home by yourself, you're OK. If you try to sell it to someone else, you're in deep sh*t.
The line gets blurred, though, when you invite friends over to your house to watch it at your house for free of charge.
:dunno:

I didn't know bees had hooves. Where do they go to get their hooves re-shod. Beesmiths?

I'm not in the vinyl camp in any kind of big way, but it seems to me the reason just might be $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$.

Probably costs more to produce, store, package, transport......
The public doesn't want to buy record cleaning machines, new needles (styli), Anti-static devices etc. They also don't want to dick around with tracking force, anti-skating settings, and VTA's.

Get the idea Dingus?

PLUS, it's only you diehards that want vinyl. The public at large wants the convenience, portability, supposed indestructibleousity (I invented this word), and BETTER SOUND of digital.

Toasted Almond

Last edited:
Originally posted by Toasted Almond
[B

The public at large wants the convenience, portability, supposed indestructibleousity (I invented this word), and BETTER SOUND of digital.

No you din't ...I invented that word.......if you don't believe me...ask my third grade teacher...she knows......na na na naaaa na !!!!! LOL
:bs:

"If the Music Industry were smart..."

....They'd make, produce, and release GOOD music, regarless of the media....

Cheers,
Russ

Back
Top Bottom