If you have these batteries in your remotes, you'd better check.....

My leakers were Energizers...swapped out oldest batteries with Energizer Lithiums and ordered some Amazon LSD rechargeables that are supposed to be re-branded enerloops. So...after buying all this plus a charger, battery tester and some new LED flashlights...I'm out ~$150 but won't buy another battery until the damn smoke alarms start beeping at 3 AM.

I have converted to Lithium cells in most everything that gets light but regular use. Yes, they are stupid expensive but I have a few remotes that have had them for over 10 years now. I keep several LED flashlights handy with a couple that only have Lithium cells. Few things are as worrisome as having a power outage and finding out your flashlight is dead. I use rechargeables along with a smart charger for most everything else just for environmental reasons. However, if needed,the rechargeable don’t perform as well as most standard new batteries in my experience. Nothing has the shelf life of Lithium’s.

I wont use alkalines in anything due to leaks. For frequently used devices I use Eneloop rechargeables, for infrequently used devices I use lithium primary cells. Also experimenting with 14500 lithium rechargeables paired with AA dummy cells. For emergencies I have a dozen D alkalines and a couple dozen AA alkalines sitting on the shelf in a plastic shoe box. I've had leaks there, but it doesn't hurt anything.

I've never had a problem with a Duracell alkaline and I've been using them since the early 1970s. I have had rotten luck with Ray-O-Vac and Radio Shack batteries. I've found that Sunbeam alkaline batteries aren't much better than a standard carbon-zinc battery. I use good quality (not RayOVac) lithiums or NiMh batteries. They work in all of my remotes and even my old Canon P&S digital A720IS.

Back
Top Bottom