If you want to see inside of an Empire 990 arm......

WaynerN

Addicted Member
Doing some work on this and had the top cap off, thought some of you might want a peek at the workings inside.

IMG_1294.JPG IMG_1296.JPG IMG_1293.JPG

Today, I also removed that stupid magnetic arm pick-up. Always hated that thing. (I pounded out the spring pin that it pivots on).

That's really interesting.

The weight adjustment dial (pic2) appears to have a fluted metric style aluminium shaft protruding into the bearing body cavity. It looks like a typical volume pot shaft with no knob on it. Perhaps they used a Japanese pot guts?

The weight adjustment dial (pic2) appears to have a fluted metric style aluminium shaft protruding into the bearing body cavity. It looks like a typical volume pot shaft with no knob on it. Perhaps they used a Japanese pot guts?

My brain just started bleeding...

That's really interesting.

John, I'm not going in there. There is a wave washer between the body and the knob. It works, so there is really no need to go in there. It's and odd set-up for sure. I was trying to get into the housing assembly and figured the top part was glued in....I was right (thankfully).

Back
Top Bottom