I'm an idiot, according to the response to my ad....JBL 120Ti

slowpat

Slowly but surely....
Subscriber
I have listed a pair of JBL 120Ti for sale on CL at a reasonable price (to me...) And here's a response I just received:

==== Subject: You're an idiot
Where are you coming up with these pseudo "facts"?
1. Rarely come up for sale;
2. These were JBL's venture into more accurate voicing to appeal to audiophiles.
3. These do not have the rock n roll west coast sound of the L100;
4. midrange dust caps have some small dimples (they all do);

Yours are in such poor condition that I wouldn't give you anywhere near what you're asking. Yours are very close to being garbage; i.e. no respect was given to these otherwise wonderful speakers. They should never have been in your possession. The Ti series were ALL iconic for reasons that you'll never know. This is why there were only 4 of them in the series, and why they were given their own series and not lumped into the "L" series, which were cheaper speakers like the "L-100." JBL sold hundreds of thousands of pairs of L-100 speakers and were the mainstay of the company. JBL sold "L" series speakers like water over a waterfall. The Ti series were ALL very expensive for reasons that are far more obvious than their outside looks. I doubt you know the differences. Yes, the 250Ti was the most iconic of the series due, in small part, to it's shape but the entire series were exemplary. "West Coast sound;" what a bunch of bullshit. If you understood the Ti series, you would never had said that stupid statement. The Ti series could, and did, play Rock and Roll equally as well as Bach. That's one of the reasons that set them apart - - their equal ability to successfully play all types of music.

Tell me, what is special about the Voice Coils of the Ti series' Drivers?

Where were you in the 1980's?

I was there, 4 miles from the Northridge facility and took more tours than you'll ever know - - including the Ti series. I even watched as my 240's, and then my 250's, were being built from start to finish. You were undoubtedly in diapers - - if at all.

So, don't spout off with your dumb "facts." You know nothing of the Ti speakers, except your absolutely poor care. Unfortunately, your 120's have made mine more valuable. Yes, I own multiples of each speaker in the series. No West Coast sound. What bullcrap!

Look at the condition of your 120's. Aren't you ashamed at what you've done to them? It would take me many, many hours of work to bring them back to life; that's how bad yours are in your hands. Tsk, Tsk, Tsk, dumbass.

====End===

LOL,
Am i the only one that thought that was funny?:D
Honestly I know nothing about those speakers, but guy is obviously a nut. :crazy:

Holy cow, he needs professional help. I'd send back a link to a local psychotherapy clinic and wish him the best.

I assume they didn't get in that condition on your watch. What a rude superior twit that guy is.

I assume they didn't get in that condition on your watch. What a rude superior twit that guy is.

In fact, I have cleaned them up, washed the grille clothe, Howard Feed and Wax the cabinets, cleaned up the woofers while refoaming, etc....

Well, you must give him some credit for taking his time to convince you why he won't buy your speakers..

THIS is why I don't use CL and am leery of the people loose around me.

Crazy is not a rare thing and Rude with Time to Spare to Insult You is getting more common.

This is why we have the words "Raving Lunatic" in our lexicon.

7,500,000,000 people on Earth.
5,750,000,000 below average.

It just stands to reason that there are a lot of jerks running around loose on the planet.

I had some "self righteous asshole" from France go off about the condition of some gear I had on eBay.
Nit picking cosmetics and claiming because of the cosmetics, they were worthless.
I guess a stereo can't work properly or at all if its has a scratch or missing detail.

They sold anyway for full price to a very happy buyer.

The ONE nice thing in a situation like this is they are self identifying creeps and we can avoid them once they expose themselves.

I'd just respond back with, "So you aren't buying them?" , that'll set him off.

I had a jackhole on eBay once, sounded a lot like your guy. I listed a truly NIB item, the box had only been opened to take pictures. Pristine. He messages me that I'm an idiot because when these items were new, they came shrink wrapped 6 to a bundle. Since I wasn't listing a bundle of 6, the one I had couldn't possible be NIB.

Yours are in such poor condition that I wouldn't give you anywhere near what you're asking. Yours are very close to being garbage; i.e. no respect was given to these otherwise wonderful speakers. They should never have been in your possession. The Ti series were ALL iconic for reasons that you'll never know. This is why there were only 4 of them in the series, and why they were given their own series and not lumped into the "L" series, which were cheaper speakers like the "L-100." JBL sold hundreds of thousands of pairs of L-100 speakers and were the mainstay of the company. JBL sold "L" series speakers like water over a waterfall. The Ti series were ALL very expensive for reasons that are far more obvious than their outside looks. I doubt you know the differences. Yes, the 250Ti was the most iconic of the series due, in small part, to it's shape but the entire series were exemplary. "West Coast sound;" what a bunch of bullshit. If you understood the Ti series, you would never had said that stupid statement. The Ti series could, and did, play Rock and Roll equally as well as Bach. That's one of the reasons that set them apart - - their equal ability to successfully play all types of music.

Tell me, what is special about the Voice Coils of the Ti series' Drivers?

Where were you in the 1980's?

I was there, 4 miles from the Northridge facility and took more tours than you'll ever know - - including the Ti series. I even watched as my 240's, and then my 250's, were being built from start to finish. You were undoubtedly in diapers - - if at all.

So, don't spout off with your dumb "facts." You know nothing of the Ti speakers, except your absolutely poor care. Unfortunately, your 120's have made mine more valuable. Yes, I own multiples of each speaker in the series. No West Coast sound. What bullcrap!

Look at the condition of your 120's. Aren't you ashamed at what you've done to them? It would take me many, many hours of work to bring them back to life; that's how bad yours are in your hands. Tsk, Tsk, Tsk, dumbass.

====End===

May I?

Dear Mr. Dumbass,

First off, my condolences on your unfortunate name but I applaud you for keeping it as I am certain you come from a long and distinguished line of Dumbasses.

Second, regarding the condition of the 120Ti's, they could be restored but I have chosen to leave the original character in place as that is how I acquired them from the previous owner David Bowie, and any marks they suffer came from his own hands.

The Voicecoils are made from unicorn tears and unobtainium, which as you know given your expertise in audio equipment are increasingly difficult to source.

I could tell you where I was in the 80's but your Mom might be embarrassed. P.S. she says, "You're grounded!" (thanks ETLS!).

I'm glad you enjoyed the tours at Northridge, how many tours did you manage before the restraining order was put in place?

I am sorry to hear that you own multiples of each speaker in this series, as that disqualifies you from purchasing mine, as I am determined to spread the knowledge of the "West Coast Sound".

Time to go, I need take some more glamour-shots of my beautiful 120Ti's, customized with unicorn tears, unobtainium and David Bowie's own handiwork. Anyways, that's probably best since it is obviously time for your medication.

Regards,

Edit: Couldn't resist tweaking a couple lines just a bit...

Last edited:
That sounds like monster receiver guy. Or there is someone else like him out in Cali. Its the same rude, crazy email he would send.

There have been threads about this guy. I have emailed him before.
Personally I would mess with him a little

May I?

Dear Mr. Dumbass,

First off, my condolences on your unfortunate name.

Second, regarding the condition of the 120Ti's, they could be restored but I have chosen to leave the original character in place as that is how I acquired them from the previous owner David Bowie, and any marks they suffer came from his own hands.

The Voicecoils are made from unicorn tears and unobtainium, which as you know given your expertise in audio equipment are increasingly difficult to source.

I could tell you where I was in the 80's but your Mom might be embarrassed.

I'm glad you enjoyed the tours at Northridge, how many tours did you manage before the restraining order was put in place?

I am sorry to hear that you own multiples of each speaker in this series, as that disqualifies you from purchasing mine, as I am determined to share the "West Coast Sound" of these speakers with someone less fortunate than you.

Time to go, I need take some more glamour-shots of my beautiful 120Ti's, customized with unicorn tears, unobtainium and David Bowie's own handiwork. Anyways, that's probably best since it is obviously time for your medication.

Regards,

You forgot to tell him, "Your mom said you're grounded."

My first thought was Monster Receiver Guy but then I thought no. MRG is not in your neighborhood and I don't think he would've been that nice.

Back
Top Bottom