i'm back, sort of.........................................

Good to hear you've found something that helps you. Also great to hear that its more effective than the pills, and without all the lovely side effects they come with.

So glad that unit is working for you Larry! From a 9, down to a 3 is amazing! Great your getting off the meds too.
My mother in law has lived with 24/7 pain for the last 10 years after hip surgery and I'm going to get the info for her.

Great write up and I am glad it is working for you. I hope it helps you to get off the other stuff. The battle of addiction with some of these drugs is crippling to some. Good deal

Thank guys. The pain can really put a damper on things at times, especially when it was at 8 to 9.5. Now I've got just a slight achy pain that I can control better with the TENS. The Dope WILL be GONE by JULY!

Larry;
So glad to hear that you have managed to get some relief from pain.

I had to have disc surgery back in 1985 and had sciatica for a year before the surgery. In recent years I have managed to re-injure the area and have muscle cramps and some sciatica etc. which I expect to get worse (lifting heavy objects brings it on). Now days I often have to have my youngest son move the heavy audio equipment so I can work on them. My oldest son is an engineer with a company that makes electronic pain relief equipment such as you described. This is definitely the way to go. I am like you in that using narcotics just do not work for me. They don't reduce the pain and cause extreme jitters in me. I can get more relief from aspirin or related compounds than narcotics.

Hang in there and keep on doing what you need to for relief. Stay in touch with all of us. Prayers will continue!

Best wishes!

Joe

Larry, just do what works best. Keep on rockin', but keep on track. Yer mutt & AK fan club are counting on you, man! You've no idea the good you do for us fisher fanatics.:bigok:

Hell if you compare me to Dave G., I'm just a blackhead on his backsides. But stuff like historical dates and when stuff came out and manual locations, etc (logistics and admin) I'm probably one of three here that has his sh** in one ditty bag. Mom always checked my ears when I was a kid with an otoscope and held my other ear closed so the light wouldn't get out. She swore there was this big open space and an itty bitty piece of rotten sponge in the back. I think the sponge is now filling all the empty space. SO MUCH for Mom's prediction that I couldn't remember crap.

Joe; I've been on the Fentanyl Since Late 2003 after the 2nd Bypass. I continued to have continuous Chest pain and the surgeons finally figured out that they had probably nicked a nerve in my chest during the operation (one of the risks). Since then I've had 2 back surgeries (2005-2016) a Hernia Repair (2005), and Neck Fusion(2009). The 2005 back surgery was a laminectomy to open up around the nerve roots. In 2011 I started having sciatica in both legs with them giving out at the most inoportune times (like walking behind a mower! FUN). Finally had a discectomy and fusion in 2016. As there wasn't any disc left (less than 10%) they had an easy time getting the titanium block in. The right leg neuropathy has resolved, The chest wall pain has finally resolved to a dull roar, neck only bothers me on the left side when I overextend my arm and irritate the rotator cuff, and the lower back pain is off and on with activity level. I've been at 50mcg since the surgery in '16 and actually taking a lot less Oxy than prescribed. So I mandated to my pain Dr. I wanted off the junk by JULY 4th. So we're titrating it down 2 months at a time 25mcg / 12mcg/ off. Then NSAIDS as required. I'm already taking a full aspirin a day for the last 30 years and Plavix for the coronary stuff so my blood is about the consistency of very light weight oil (say 0W10)one reason I get cold so fast. So 2-3 Aspirin 3-4 times a day is a viable alternative.

I try not to lift stuff much but with me being the only one here, I have no choice at times. My youngest son is moving in in August when his apt lease runs out. So I'll have help then. Moving stuff around in the house, painting rooms, revamping the kitchen, etc. is planned for the next 12 months. And getting rid of 36 years of just junk. My wife was a pack rat but she hid a lot of it, and we're finding stuff all over. Anyone want a couple hundred Salt and Pepper shakers from Damned near every Tourist trap on the East Coast????(Don't worry they all went to Goodwill) Commemorative plates. I kept two. One Disney and one Norman Rockwell. And 4 generations of Christmas decorations. Like 20 boxes. I told the boys take what you want, the rest goes to the dump. That's gonna be a 3 day event! Right now I confine myself to the original living room, front bedroom/bath, and kitchen. Thats' about all I need right now. When Mike moves in with his partner, they'll take the front bedroom (larger) and I'll take the back bedroom and bath. All I need is a twin anyway for me, and the dog can either sleep on a blanket on the floor or barge in on Mike and his partner. We're gonna re-mortgage the house with him and me on it, so when/if I die he has the house. Andy has his house and stuff from Dee so Mike will get all the stuff in the house to be disbursed out. Grandkids get the console / system they want (upgradeitis). The rest will get sold.

Hell if you compare me to Dave G., I'm just a blackhead on his backsides. But stuff like historical dates and when stuff came out and manual locations, etc (logistics and admin) I'm probably one of three here that has his sh** in one ditty bag. Mom always checked my ears when I was a kid with an otoscope and held my other ear closed so the light wouldn't get out. She swore there was this big open space and an itty bitty piece of rotten sponge in the back. I think the sponge is now filling all the empty space. SO MUCH for Mom's prediction that I couldn't remember crap.

:rflmao: I could read this all day Larry! You should write a book!

So that's why I keep seeing tons of salt and pepper shakers at Goodwill, now I know where their coming from!

Larry, I don't know how you keep track of your medical event timeline. I'd need to draw a block diagram or something.
I for one am greatly amused by your wordsmithing. You can't die, the medical system makes too much money off you!:)

Larry,
I can say electric muscle stimulation works wonders. I have elbow tendinitis due to my line of work plus overdoing it with tennis. Last winter it got so bad I couldn't pour quart of oil into engine without pain. My therapist gave me this device, not much larger then pack of smokes with 4 wires and 4 sticky pads. I could control intensity level as I wish. It took about 2 months to recover but results were amazing. Almost complete recovery.
I wish you well, buddy!

We're gonna re-mortgage the house with him and me on it, so when/if I die he has the house.

Careful. My dad listed me as co owner on all the financial stuff so it would go direct and skip probate. He was going to do the same on the house but I stopped him. There could be tax consequences. In my case, I was not living in that house so your situation might be different, but check the laws before signing paperwork.

Let's accelerate his recovery. Hook him up to a bug zapper & plug it into 240v mains. That'll fix him for good! No pain, no gain...
If it works, I'll pull a patent on it & get rich !
Just kidding, Larry. Wishing you miracles...Jerry :bigok:

Back
Top Bottom