I'm done.

Graz emims, I wish I had the cash for 12 I'd probably go for it if I could. 3 grand, the wife would NOT be happy.
Why would you need 12? Don’t the 4.5s have four EMIMs per side? That would be about $1,900.

View attachment 1313624 View attachment 1313626 View attachment 1313627

Well their up and running, jamming to some Pinback, blue screen life.

Aahahahahahaha......Oooooooo Jazzman you have to come when you get back brother !!!!!!!!!

I can't stop smiling :biggrin: I mean ear to ear.....HOLY SHIT ! YEP I'm DONE !!!!

These are Magnificent Speakers, the crown 2502 is no issue, sound, it's just ****ing awesome, really excuse me for cursing. The Symphony is singing with the GL tubes. For those that know I couldn't live without Izzy, nor could Hurk. That's our new girl, missy.

I know the room is bleak but I should have the bed out and some art, new lounge and stuff up soon.

WOW you guys were right !
You have a small room like me. Lol that’s great. I’m sure like me you don’t need to crank them up that high.

No Bahama, I fired off an email yesterday to the seller on eBay . It figures I get the guy with 100% feedback and after 10 days now, mind you he's in Gilroy, CA and I'm in Vegas it's not that far has the flu and just sent the Parasound yesterday......what the hell man ! Still no tracking or who he's shipping with. If it's not here in the next few days I'm cancelling.

If comes I'm sure I'll try it, but the Symphony may stay because everything is dead quite, no hum or wierd noises which makes me very happy. The sound is clean and clear, it's time to invest in collecting good quality music.

Kev, that's awesome you have the 2.5's also. Right now all of my emims are in pretty good shape, my spares not so much the trace lifting bothers me the most, why they are the spares. I'll hang out and see what Bobby does here.

3 grand is a good chunk of change and I'd rather spend that money on a walk about down your way :thumbsup:. I'm talking like a month renting an RV not doing the touristy stuff.

My quick thoughts on these, bass is clean and tight very detailed, you can really feel the weight of these 4 Watkins, it's almost like being in a THX movie theater. The midrange and high end are clean, clear, precise. I think the term reference is very well used here. Can be hot but I agree with InAp that it is recording dependent.

I'll have to wait for my good friend Jazzman to see what he thinks about midrange.

I've never heard anything like this in my house, they are amazing. Did you guys know according to inflation these would be $17,500 Speakers in today's money !

Last edited:
I’ve been trying, my original iPad is taking a dump which really takes the best pictures and video. My iPad mini wont capture the whole room. The wife just bought me another IPad refurbished from somewhere and it takes terrible pictures/videos.

So I’m trying to figure it all out, biggest issue is I cannot get the sound representation. I’ve tried several different artist and it’s just not coming through, what’s actually coming out and going in, then out of the video sounds terrible.

And as of Tuesday I’ve spoken with a gentleman who is willing to take on refreshing the passive crossovers, so they may go down for a month or so.

I’m working on it, it’s my OCD. I really want it to be right so you guys can hopefully really hear how good they are.

Don't expect to be able to record the audio with anything approaching quality with an Ipad, trust me on this.
Last night a buddy attempted to record skrillix during his performance at the Amazon gig I've been installing for a week, and the sound quality is terrible.
cell phone (and ipad) mics automatically limit , compress the signal, and cut out all the low freqencies,

more when I've time, gotta go back and tear it out now.

Thanks Jazz, the previous 2 videos I did I think they came out Ok with 90’s & 2.5’s. Both are posted in the speaker forum let’s see and hear them thread. Look forward to your thoughts.

Edited to add they were both done with iPads, mmmm maybe the rens were done with the iPhone.

Nice I can also say they do rock, I still wish I had a pair of QLS1s to compare with them my holy grail speaker

Having owned the QLS-1, in my home anyway it's not even a fair fight....no contest. The RS 4.5 obliterates the QLS-1 on every level.

Last edited:
Haha speakers Champco, speakers.

So I’ve been playing out the battle in my head about refreshing the crossovers and wether to try it myself or send them out to California and have them done. And just and FYI for you guys that might be looking for someone, his name is Mike @ Montebello Speaker Repair.

So do I want them changed or keep them original ? I really want to just swap out the originals with fresh components of the same value. I think I can do it so I’m going to give it a go.

Starting with the 3 blue 300mf and the inductors, that are 20mh and 12.5mh. The plan is to order for both crossovers but keep one stock so i can compare and see if the new parts make any improvements. The journey begins and pictures will be forthcoming.

InAp, I’ve been reading many of the older threads here. If you see the this are you still using the DR260 ?

I’m checking with you guys to see if this type inductor is suitable to replace the originals. PE has the 20mh and a 12mh or 13mh. The other original is a 12.5, is it safer to go up or down if these work?

I’m checking with you guys to see if this type inductor is suitable to replace the originals. PE has the 20mh and a 12mh or 13mh. The other original is a 12.5, is it safer to go up or down if these work?
I’ve used these inductors. They measure accurate, and sound fine.

Haha speakers Champco, speakers.

So I’ve been playing out the battle in my head about refreshing the crossovers and wether to try it myself or send them out to California and have them done. And just and FYI for you guys that might be looking for someone, his name is Mike @ Montebello Speaker Repair.

So do I want them changed or keep them original ? I really want to just swap out the originals with fresh components of the same value. I think I can do it so I’m going to give it a go.

Starting with the 3 blue 300mf and the inductors, that are 20mh and 12.5mh. The plan is to order for both crossovers but keep one stock so i can compare and see if the new parts make any improvements. The journey begins and pictures will be forthcoming.
Since you've gone pretty far up the excellence factor in speakers, you could invest in an esr/capacitance meter and measure all your x/over parts to see if they are within tolerance.
If they are it could explain why they sound so good.
If not they could sound better:dunno:

Back
Top Bottom